Welcome To Soul-Development! An online community that cares and shares with thoughtfulness and kindness.
Crystal Wolf

Fantasy or Fiction?

Vampires  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Crystal Wolf

With the internet it is now so easy to buy any book or film we want, to read and research any topic. Book shops are filled with these kinds of topics, they have to be or risk losing business to those that do stock these titles.

Think of how many books there have been in the last decade or more that covers the supernatural?

Underworld

Interview with a vampire

Vampire High

Buffy the vampire slayer

Charmed

Twilight

Angel

Ghost Whisperer

Medium

True Blood

Anita Blake series

Blade

Macbeth

Dracula

I mean even Dr Who has been up against vampires...

These are all classed as fiction.

So when is fiction based on fact?

Does it become Faction?

There seems to be a romantic aspect to being a modern day vampire rather than the old time dusty and fusty Dracula and Count Alucard? Suddenly it is rather attractive and becoming very popular and seems to be clouding some people's judgement on just where truth and reality meets fiction and fantasy?

With the internet it is now so easy to buy any book or film we want, to read and research any topic. Book shops are filled with these kinds of topics, they have to be or risk losing business to those that do stock these titles.

Think of how many books there have been in the last decade or more that covers the supernatural?

Underworld

Interview with a vampire

Vampire High

Buffy the vampire slayer

Charmed

Twilight

Angel

Ghost Whisperer

Medium

True Blood

Anita Blake series

Blade

Macbeth

Dracula

I mean even Dr Who has been up against vampires...

These are all classed as fiction.

So when is fiction based on fact?

Does it become Faction?

There seems to be a romantic aspect to being a modern day vampire rather than the old time dusty and fusty Dracula and Count Alucard? Suddenly it is rather attractive and becoming very popular and seems to be clouding some people's judgement on just where truth and reality meets fiction and fantasy?

faction will make them real

who will sacrifice his life

to play the role? :oldfogey:

i don't want to....

the one's a vampire

i remember watching a special interview where some guy actually thought he was a vampire. he actually drank a small amount of blood and everything. he even sharpen his teeth too. talk about crazy. oh i answered the question as the last answer in all the answers. i thought it was fun :)

TheBelievingSceptic

There's not a "maybe" option in the poll? :/

Well, I don't think reanimated corpses are running around these days :P not like in the movies. I doubt there are "real" vampires out there, but as someone said, there are people out there who genuinely insist they are vampires and they sharpen their teeth and drink blood and all this kinda vampiric behaviour (Don Henrie is one famous example I can think of right now). But I think that may be a more of a (hmm, what's the politically correct term? I can't think of it right now but I hope "mental condition" isn't gonna offend anyone) or simply an extreme Gothic lifestyle choice. As long as the "blood donors" are willing and nobody gets hurt I don't have a problem if people wanna be a vampire.

So, overall, I think "vampires" exist, but not naturally (nobody NEEDS blood or to avoid sunlight to survive. Except maybe 0.001% of the population with a rare medical condition or something) and there aren't any vampires the way Hollywood portrays them. I think it's a choice.

HayleyAnne

I THINK VAMPIREISIM IS ALL IN THE HEAD. IT IS SOMETHING THAT AN INDIVIUAL HAS MADE UP AND MOLDED TO WHICH EVER WAY THEY LIKE. IT IS A LIFE STYLE, AS IS BEING A "GANGSTAR? OR WHAT NOT. COMPARE IT TO WHAT EVER YOU WOULD LIKE,BUT VAMPIRES ARE NOT REALLY REAL!

THEY ARE FICTION. NO MATTER WHAT WAY YOU LOOK AT IT. ANYONE WHO LIVES AS A "VAMPIRE" HAS HAD TO IMPROVISE OR CHANGE THEM SELVES IN SOME FORM OR FASHION TO REACH THEIR MAXIMUM THOUGHT OF WHAT A VAMP SHOULD BE.

I READ ALOT OF VAMP BOOKS, I LIKE THEM ALOT. BUT I KNOW THAT IT IS ALL JUST FANTASY. THEY ARE NOT ALIVE AND LIVING FOR REAL. IT IS JUST SOMETHING MADE UP AND OVERLY EXPOSED, MADE UP OF 1 PERSONS THOUGHTS AND FEARS. LIKE AN OLD WIVES TALE OR A MYTH THAT HAS TRAVELED AND HAS GROWN FOR CENTRIES. SO YEAH THATS ALL THAT I HAVE TO SAY ON THIS TOPIC...

NO OFFENCE TO ANYONE WHO BELIEVES VAMPS ARE REAL! THIS IS MY OPINION.

~HAYLEY~ :emoticon-tv-003::emoticon-tv-003:

There exist a rare condition, or a decease that is called porphyria and that has some kind of connections to vampires. Of course the tales has been altered throughout time; but for sure it could have been the origin of it.

Porphyria

Sometimes I wonder if I'm a vampire or if I'm just suffering from an emotional or energy need. When I see people bleed I become very excited and I have the urge to drink their blood sometimes. It's scary because I don't want to freak them out, even though it seems so right at the time...

My eyesight has been very sensitive to light from a young age. I've always disliked sunny days because they make my eyes hurt, give me headaches, and make me feel very irritable. Curiously though, my skin doesn't burn despite the fact that I am much paler than the rest of my family.

Also, I'm kind of nocturnal. I always "wind up" right around ten o'clock pm. There is something very special about that time to me. When I was in the womb, my mother says I was quiet the whole day but only started moving inside her at 10:00, and I was born at 10:00 on the dot, and from that point on I was a night owl.

I think some of the folklore of vampyres is based in actual medical conditions such as Celiac's Disease or iron deficiency. Also, there are medical conditions for ultraviolet light sensitivity (as Slorri suggested). These stories could be explanations for events that people could not understand or explain. They didn't have the technology or medical explanations we have today.

There is a mustard seed of truth in most legends and lore. I wouldn't dismiss it without thorough research.

Crystal Wolf

Why would being a Coeliac disponse one to be a vampyre? Coeliacs have an allergic response to gluten found in wheat rye barley and oats?? Do you mean Heamophiliac?

Mark Mauvais

I met a guy once who said he was a vampire and I really didn't believe him. However when I stabbed him inthe heart with a wooden stake he did die, so maybe he was telling the truth.

Crystal Wolf

I met a guy once who said he was a vampire and I really didn't believe him. However when I stabbed him inthe heart with a wooden stake he did die, so maybe he was telling the truth.

Is that supposed to be a joke?

Mark Mauvais

The last sentence was indeed a joke. But the first half is true, i met a guy on bristol who claimed he was a vampire, as far as i could tell he was just a guy who failed to grow out of his gothic phase. I mean im not quick to rule anything out, but this chap was clearly not like the fictional vampire we are discussing, more like what the believing skeptic and hayley spoke about.

Why would being a Coeliac disponse one to be a vampyre? Coeliacs have an allergic response to gluten found in wheat rye barley and oats?? Do you mean Heamophiliac?

There have been rare, but extreme cases of Celiac's Disease where the patient craves blood due allergic reaction to gluten in the intestinal tract. In doing so, the only thing the patient can digest is blood, raw meat, and water.

Crystal Wolf

I know where you are coming from Jet, but the information isn't quite accurate. There was one story on the internet about ten years ago that led to loads of speculation about vampires.

A person with untreated Coeliac disease will have an inflamed and damaged gut with destroyed villi so they will be unable to digest any dairy and their ability to properly digest other foods will be substantially limited which may lead to anaemia, iron deficiency and other deficiences. It is wrong to say that they can only digest blood and raw meat though, these are very hard to digest foods and a damaged gut will struggle to break them down into any useable form of nutrition.

Sometimes a person, any person, may crave raw meat or liver if they are severely deficient in iron. It is possible then I suppose to take that one step further and for the person to crave blood, but to be honest I would doubt this was ever human blood lol.

The good thing about Coeliac Disease (and I wish it wasn't called a disease because it is really a severe allergy)is that it is completely treatable if kept to a strict gluten (wheat, rye, barley) free diet. Some people also react to the protein in oats which is similar to gluten.

There lol,

I know where you are coming from Jet, but the information isn't quite accurate. There was one story on the internet about ten years ago that led to loads of speculation about vampires.

A person with untreated Coeliac disease will have an inflamed and damaged gut with destroyed villi so they will be unable to digest any dairy and their ability to properly digest other foods will be substantially limited which may lead to anaemia, iron deficiency and other deficiences. It is wrong to say that they can only digest blood and raw meat though, these are very hard to digest foods and a damaged gut will struggle to break them down into any useable form of nutrition.

Sometimes a person, any person, may crave raw meat or liver if they are severely deficient in iron. It is possible then I suppose to take that one step further and for the person to crave blood, but to be honest I would doubt this was ever human blood lol.

The good thing about Coeliac Disease (and I wish it wasn't called a disease because it is really a severe allergy)is that it is completely treatable if kept to a strict gluten (wheat, rye, barley) free diet. Some people also react to the protein in oats which is similar to gluten.

There lol,

:poster_oops: Touché. I know what Celiac's is...my aunt has it. :P hahaha.

Iron deficiency is something tangible and is supported by the medical field. I know that humans cannot ingest large amounts of blood without becoming violently ill. We lack the enzymes to break down large amounts.

I think others who "blood crave" are psychological impaired (i.e. sociopaths or personality disorders). Have you ever heard of Renfield's Syndrome (not categorized in the DMV-IV)? These people are usually committed in a mental institution because the blood craving leads to violence.

Nowadays, it is purely social. The subcultures and lifestyles surrounding vampires are due to television programs and movies. Popular culture has made vampires look worldly, mysterious, and sexy (True Blood and The Twilight Saga).

I really feel that hundred years ago vampirism was used as a metaphor to describe the acts of powerful, but terrific (in its truest sense) individuals. The Countess Bathory and Vlad the Impaler are two great examples.

Crystal Wolf

Yep lol, never understood why they take it to be a blood drinking or blood craving disorder though, poor Renfield was only Dracula's aide, he never drinks blood in the book? One of my favourite all time books that is Deracula lol, I love the antiquated speech.

Akaalis-Benjamin

Well Vampires, seem to have common pre-set characteristics in modern folklore and most visibly in todays media various tv shows and movies such as "Dracula" or the "Twilight" series.

From my what I know and understand, vampires are actually spiritually filthy and corrupt beings. I don't know if any of you believe in extra-terrestrials or not, but those vampires are actually reptilians and the "elongating of their two fangs"(which they are most famous for) is only a fraction of the total metamorphosis they may undergo if they wish to. Again from my own level of understanding(which is limited) they've been among our race since before the Industrial Revolution all the way to the Biblical times where its been said that they used to dip their bread in human blood before consuming it.

They view us as animals and thus only have treated us as such over the centuries. It may not be a big thing for others, but it actually saddens me and breaks my heart to see so many people to be made fans of vampires and actually trying mimic them to fullest of extent and extremes, knowing what they are and have to done to us.

Because all those reptilians possess a certain amount of energy they appear quite scary and quite powerful to those average human beings like us, but when compared to those extraordinary human beings(not the comic book ones) but those humans whom have spiritually cultivated themselves to very-high levels and in turn and have developed powerful cosmic-inborn abilities of their own, those reptiles appear quite incompetent and would dare not or even think twice of challenging or going up against such people.

This maybe be too much for some people to read, but I know there are people here on this forum whose minds can comfortably grasp and comprehend such information.

If you are one of those people whom can't, then thats okay as well, hopefully in time you may gradually and slowly elevate your understanding.

Crystal Wolf

Roflmao @ the reptilians , sorry not willing to even entertain the thought or 'comprehend such information'!

Show some proof, give some reasoning other than just dictating your views please.

CrystalDreamer

Vampires exist. Just not the blood-craving transforming (sometimes even sparkling O.o) variety.

Vampires are a type of bat, native to south america, whose sole food source is blood (it's called hematophagy).

Their group bonds are so strong, that if one bat has not been able to feed for a while, another member of the group lets it suck some of its own blood to keep it going.

Mix that with the fact that Vlad III (nicknamed Dracula) is described in ancient texts as a 'blood sucker' (meaning, draining the country of, well, everything), and it only takes one misinterpreted tale or fact to get the Dracula legend.

(By the way, this was done by western countries, and when Romania, after the Berlin Wall fell, learned of their great ancestor being called a vampire, they were pretty pissed. :P )

Edited by CrystalDreamer
Crystal Wolf

Dracula wasn't written till 1897 though?

Akaalis-Benjamin

Dictating my views? I wouldn't necessarily say that, but more so share my understanding in this matter(which is off course up for any skeptics to criticize)

I am not a particular fan of this person, but one author I could use as reference to this is Dr. York El Malachi whom seems to have an in-depth understanding and has written over 360 books based in the areas quantum physics, history, archaeology, sociology, anthropology, geopolitics, genealogy, religion, science and music.

I don't remember exactly which one of his books I read from in regards to the reptilians and vampirism since its been roughly about 8 years that I touched base with any of his literature, but in one of his many books he goes in to great detail and explanation about UFO's and the part they played in the development modern human culture and science along with the involvement of other extra-terrestrial races as well. @CrystalDreamer many of those extra-terrestrials have many forms they can metamorph into which includes some of the indigenous wild life here on Earth. The reptilians in particular during 1880's notably for whatever reason preferred mimicking those vampire bats that were native to South America.

@Crystal Dreamer or Crystal Tarot, I don't know if any of you have your third eyes open or how well they are opened(if they're even open), but coupled with what I have read I also have had my own personal experiences and dealings with ET's myself. Many people whom you see everyday "appear" human, but if you can recognize an ET they in turn will also recognize that you recognize them(LOL), and will also interact with and treat you differently as well. I was only able to start recognizing them after I became a cultivator in Falun Dafa.

Have any of you had 1st experiences of your own with ETs?

Crystal Wolf

I don't use much Falun Gong as I prefer Qi Gong and practice that instead and yes it can increase the amount of chi, in fact there is a quaint story that I posted somewhere that the biggest aura I have ever seen belongs to my Tai Chi Master when she is using Qi Gong energy.

Have you watched the tv programe 'V', those alien reptiles have a lot to answer for!

Dracula is nothing to the Pontianak. Its supposedly a female who died in childbirth. Great a many horror movies have been made with her in the leading role. Makes dracula himself look like a saint compared to her!

Makes me wonder if different parts of the world has the same variation of the vampire.