Welcome To Soul-Development! An online community that cares and shares with thoughtfulness and kindness.
Sign in to follow this  
Crystal Wolf

Fantasy or Fiction?

Vampires  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Akaalis-Benjamin

Falun Gong is not some sort of "craft" or "tool" that you use, its something thats either practiced or not practiced like Tai Chi and if your Tai Chi Master is as powerful as you say he(or she is), then he is not using Qi(Chi) energy, but is infact using Gong(or advanced cultivation) energy. Its easy to get these 2 words confused, in Mandarin the term "QiGong" has its own definition, but when the word is split into two they each mean something totally different.

Falun Gong is considered QiGong as well, but its not considered the mainstream regular QiGong, aside from that it also been unfortunately has had a political label "slapped" to it as well, which is why its sometimes viewed with hostility and negative bias.

Chrysalis

I just finished reading this thread. If any of you are interested in tracking down the origin of the vampire stories, you can research Vlad the Impaler. He's a historical person who did rule Transylvania which now no longer exists as a country. He had a disease (can't remember what it was) that made his teeth look longer among other symptons. Transylvania was used as a battle ground between two warring countries. He got sick and tired of having it torn up by them, so he went on a rampage and impaled the fallen enemies on pikes or spears. You can pretty well imagine what effect that would have on those two armies.

Anyway, the character, Count Dracul (means dragon) and especially Count Dracula (son of the dragon)  did exist and some royals can trace their ancestry back to them. It was these historical people who were used as inspiration for the first vampire story written by Stokes.

Crystal Wolf

I just finished reading this thread. If any of you are interested in tracking down the origin of the vampire stories, you can research Vlad the Impaler. He's a historical person who did rule Transylvania which now no longer exists as a country. He had a disease (can't remember what it was) that made his teeth look longer among other symptons. Transylvania was used as a battle ground between two warring countries. He got sick and tired of having it torn up by them, so he went on a rampage and impaled the fallen enemies on pikes or spears. You can pretty well imagine what effect that would have on those two armies.

Anyway, the character, Count Dracul (means dragon) and especially Count Dracula (son of the dragon)  did exist and some royals can trace their ancestry back to them. It was these historical people who were used as inspiration for the first vampire story written by Stokes.

Hi,

I have heard this before but can find no proof, do you know where you got the info from about the book and Bram Stoker please?

Chrysalis

All I did was a google search on Transylvania because I wanted to know where it fit in history. I also did a bit of research on Count Dracul. Just be sure you get the historical facts on a search. The one on Transylvania led to Vlad the Impaler and what illness he had along with what he did.

As for Bram Stoker, I can't remember how I can across the info. You can try googling the author for a biography. The info might have been linked to when I found out about Vlad. At times I take a left turn in cyberspace and end up with something completely unrelated to my search, lol.

Crystal Wolf

lol me too, I get so far into cyberspace I forget what I was looking for,

I just love the original Dracula book, one of my all time faves!

Chrysalis
I also saw tv documentaries on him.

Crystal Wolf

I dug out my book and read the start again, it is so interesting about the character 1879 I love that age, no computers or cars!

Madame Marigold

I have always love vampires....watched the original "Dracula" movie a tiny little kid. Loved it. I need to get anther copy of the book.

They definitely have romanticizes and civilized them now a days haven't they?

Crystal Wolf

Do you have a kindle? there are free copies of it online now

Madame Marigold

I do! I have amazon's free version on my computer! I will go and get a download.... I love fangy stories~ ;)

thenegative

i think there are many creatures living in hidden dimensions. but what is known as vampire has a high possibility to be related to some spirits.

well i know that witches are born with some abilities and some connection with some spirits that is connected with their bloodline.

what i also know is that other dimensions are somehow connected with our physics. for example i have developed a really weak auric sight i am able to see Fluorescent lamps as bright objects in darkness after hours of being turned of( they may still radiate some physical light for some minutes ). and all this is because of what they are made of. so what matters are made of can differently affect spirits. for example the turned off fluorescent lamp is radiating some astral light.

now the spirit itself may be giving them some powers. if the process is interpreted it should be causing some harms. so vampires are probably not a race, but a human generation.

Crystal Wolf

Thats interesting about the flourescent lamps, what about tv's or computers can you pick up their residual energies too?