Welcome To Soul-Development! An online community that cares and shares with thoughtfulness and kindness.
jet

Ever feel drawn to a deck?

jet

It's probably been already asked. There are some days, my decks have nothing to say. There are other days, I become some drawn to a specific deck.

Do you ever feel like a certain deck is calling out to you? Why would a deck do that, in your opinion?

Invidia

I've actually had this experience fairly recently:

all of the decks I own were originally bought to begin with because they called to me- the Egyptian because I have a passion for Egypt, and I'm not sure about the renaissance.

I think decks call to us sometimes because we see reflections of ourselves, or parts of our character or personality and the things that we love in the images :)

Crystal Wolf

It's probably been already asked. There are some days, my decks have nothing to say. There are other days, I become some drawn to a specific deck.

I don't think I have ever experienced my decks having nothing to say, but maybe I am misinterpreting your meaning?

Do you ever feel like a certain deck is calling out to you? Why would a deck do that, in your opinion?

Lots of reasons, I personally choose the deck for each reading, severl things help make that choice. It might be a flash of light on the box or a picture come into my mind of a deck or it may be just plain old common sense lol, a love reading using the Love Tarot, one about the past using the New Visions or perhaps an animal reading using an animal based Tarot :)

I am sure that everyone will have their own unique ideas and reasons.

So... on to more questions.. which decks do and which decks don't for you then?

jet

I don't think I have ever experienced my decks having nothing to say, but maybe I am misinterpreting your meaning?

My decks jump much when I am doing a reading. Other decks I encounter don't do that. Sometimes, I could shuffle and inquire for a really long time and they seem cautious to answer or cold to the touch.

So... on to more questions.. which decks do and which decks don't for you then?

I have four decks:

• The Elohim - They are a deck based in Hebrew mythology. They are great with general questions or becoming in touch with the oversoul. Also, they are the most stubborn deck I own, very picky about who handles them and such. However, when they want to tell you something, an energy emits from them that only intensifies if you ignore them.
  • Mythological Creatures Deck - they seem to focus more in the magical realm and the astral. They are a very positive deck and they are very straightforward. I use them if I need guidance or another opinion about a situation.
  • Hallowe'en Deck - most accurate leading up to the holiday. The Elohim and The Hallowe'en deck are very intense; they seem to oppose each other in energy (light vs. dark).
  • Fortune Telling Deck - a harbinger of strange fortunes. I don't usually use them unless I am feel uncertain about another deck's reading or if it's absolutely unavoidable.

pisceansecret

I don't know about being "called" to a deck. But for me there is one deck that is beautiful beyond compare: the Arthurian Deck. If you ever want to get one deck for the beauty of its art, I promise you that with this deck you will not be disappointed. It is stunning.

Crystal Wolf

I think that there are lots that have beautiful art, it all depends on your taste?

LovelyLauren317

I have Sun and Moon tarot by Vanessa decort. I was definitely drawn to the deck. I had every intention of buying the Rider-Waite Tarot deck, but I'm not joking this one screamed at me! I muscle tested myself and I went with the Sun and Moon... I am a beginner and am getting a better understanding of the tarot and the pictures of this deck really do speak to my soul... I believe it is based off of a Rider-Waite deck.. I hope I'm not making this more difficult for myself. Anyone have any insight?

Crystal Wolf

It's a very pretty deck but it has subtle differences that make it quite different to the Rider Waite Smith deck. Each card has a title and sometimes they do not follow the RWS interpretations at all.

WolfSong

From what I've read about the sun & moon tarot it appears to have more of a thoth influence than Rider Waite.

Crystal Wolf

Ahhhh yes, that makes sense, never thought of it like that, but Aeon is definitely Thoth!

Star

Oh no, knew I shouldn't have read this thread, now I just have to get eh Sun and Moon deck, and I promised no more decks! I love the Thoth, just dislike the creator akk!

GypsyDancer

I really felt pulled by the Shadowscapes deck, long before it was released on the shelves. It wasn't until this year on my birthday that a friend got it for me as a gift, I was unbelievably happy and me with this deck just click.

No struggling, no metaphors- straight to the point just the way I like it and understand it :)

I wish for everyone to find a deck that speaks to them and one they can communicate back with ;)

aquarian

I have the Mythic deck, the edges are getting abit worn, but it just feels very comfortable, like an old friend.

PhoenixV
I get the decks that 'call' to me. :) I want more, but all the ones that call to me usually cost more money than I have. :)

ocean
I bet my bank wishes decks of cards would stop calling me.Glastonbury tarot called the loudest.

Crystal Wolf

The first time I saw The Glastonbury Tarot I though not much, very basic, clear primal colours, and I could not understand the hype. But when I got my own copy I realised what they meant and the energy of the Tor and the whole Vale of Avalon swung me and I am hooked.

ocean

Hi crystal tarot.I love the backs of the cards they are so colourfull,simple artwork but beutifull.A different hanged man card to all the others i have.i love the fool card,the high priestess and my favourite in this deck( 6 of chalices just gorgeous).