Welcome To Soul-Development! An online community that cares and shares with thoughtfulness and kindness.
Siddaleah

Ace Of Cups - Rage?

Can the Ace of Cups ever indicate or represent rage or anger? I ask because I did a spread this morning in response to a situation that just cropped up, and I interpreted the Ace of Cups in between the King of Wands and the Three of Wands to be my anger about the situation. I concluded that because Fire and Water are enemies I should remove myself and my anger from the situation so the project could move forward. Any thoughts?

Crystal Wolf

Which deck were you using and what were the position titles of the cars that will affect the interpretation too.

Ace of Cups does not represent anger but rather the lack of it, love, kindness, gentle calm attitudes, so in a way what you are saying could be relevant. But be careful that you are not choosing to make the cards fit what you want or expect rather than find the correct interpretation.

Have you tried the Read For Yourself, tarot workshop here? http://www.psychic-forum.com/forum/index.php?showforum=273

I did look at the read for yourself workshop. Good advice there! Thanks! I didn't assign a position for the cards. I just had a situation that cropped up suddenly, and I was feeling the need to do something about it NOW! I was using the Gilded Tarot and the Ace of Cups was in the middle of two wands cards. I concluded that since fire and water are enemies, I needed to take myself out of the situation instead of inserting my anger into it. I saw the eye above the cup and me being able to see that we (my husband and I) were being cheated (the moons above the cup, in this case, represented deception to me.) Things ended up working out beautifully! I did take myself out of the situation and let my husband and his cousin handle the matter. They did a great job, and our project is moving forward. If I had stomped in, I could have caused a serious delay. So, "lack of anger" or "Don't be angry" could have been the advice. Either way, I got the message. Thanks!

Crystal Wolf

Good, tarot has a way of working out :)

Will have to ask you more about jewellery making too when you have a minute :)

Absolutely! I have been away from jewelry making for a couple of years, only taking out my supplies now and then when I want to make a quick gift for a friend, but it's something I've been wanting to work on more regularly again.

I never thought that Fire and Water were enemies . For example, if you mix fire and water, you could create steam. However, this made me think of your interpretation:

"Just remember that when you throw a fire ball into your personal puddle of muddle, there won't be any quick fix ... just plenty of steam" (.......). I agree with Crystal, it will all work itself out! :D

Edited by WolfSong
Advertising link removed
Crystal Wolf

1. Fire and Air are friendly and active, they burn and create more fire
  2. Water and Earth are friendly and passive, they mix and create mud
  3. Fire and Water are enemies; they weaken each other, the water puts fire out or fire burns the water
  4. Air and Earth are enemies; they weaken each other the earth locks the air, air spreads earth
  5. Fire and Earth strengthen each other but are neutral, fire can burn earth, earth can put fire out
  6. Water and Air are neutral both can mix

Must admit I prefer to use the elements as pure energies rather than getting into which does what as there a re so many different interpretations.

I'm only just trying to learn about elemental dignities and the Golden Dawn system. So much to learn! So, I try to play with that a little here and there. It really seemed to fit in this situation.

Crystal Wolf

Using the elements in readings can really add another dimension and also giving a quick overview of which suits/elements are included and which are not can indicate the direction and tone of the reading too.

This is really interesting I know a little about the elements from my pagan learnings and know the basics of the elemental meanings of the cards but not enough to incorporate meanings into readings ,its quite a thought that you can glean so much information