Welcome To Soul-Development! An online community that cares and shares with thoughtfulness and kindness.
Sign in to follow this  
Cassiel

My Friend Had A Bad Reading, What To Do

Cassiel

I was speaking to a friend the other day who said she had received a terrible reading that scared her and could I read for her to see if it was true. Most of the session was me talking about tarot cards and what they can and can't do and that seemed to help. I felt that the lady was too emotional to have a reading at the time so we just looked at cards and discussed a few and I walked her through The Tower, and Death and also the Ten of Swords, explaining their various possible meanings in a suitable context, you know all the usual cards that people see as scarey. I think that I helped improve this lady's confidence in tarot and offered to read for her next time she wanted a reading to make sure she was treated with care and respect in a gentle way.

Why do some readers think that can just say death and dying and give bad news when it is not necessarily fixed in concrete or ever guaranteed to happen? They do so much damage it makes me mad!

Crystal Wolf

Well done Cassie, and I agree with you. It makes me cringe when people say their readings give me it all, good and bad, I want to scream what bad? but far too many readers seem to think that predictions and fortune telling are a must and part of a reading. they miss the real possibilities of tarot.

fizzy1

i always thought that the cards are a guide and we all have the power to change our future even if we dont like what we see in them, also i always try to think of the tower and death cards in a more positive way . More like a cleansing of things in our life we are not happy with

CinderMagic
Its saddening to see that there are those out there who do give out discouraging readings, Perhaps for them its a case of needing to cleanse their decks and their auric energies within it as cleansing I find is also good habit to do as it cleanses our energy fields as well as our decks. Might also be that some people where their readings are infused with remnants of fear so that its like they are set in their mindsets and ways so as not shifting their focus to the positive, Intention is what counts too with all work I find. I am sorry to hear your friend had this kind of reading, though. Tower and Death cards I usually see as changes or upheaval change with a positive outcome. Though, also I meant to say, that sometimes with this kind of insight, knowingly or unknowingly one might not always realise that it can be interpreted as one thing but may mean something else entirely in a positive way, rather than a negative.