• Announcements

• Crystal Wolf

Soul-Development   02/12/2017

WELCOME To Soul-Development.com An online community that cares and shares with thoughtfulness and kindness.
WolfSong

Getting To Know Each Other!

WolfSong

Some of us know a bit about each other from reading the other sections of the forum but I thought it might be nice for our newcomers to get to know us a little better right here in the tarot club section so here's a few questions to get started with. :)

How did you first become interested in tarot?

What was your first deck? Did you buy it yourself or were you given it?

How many decks do you have?

What deck do you mostly use?

Do you read for others or do you use it for personal development only?

I first became interested in tarot after reading & participating in communities like Soul Development. My first deck was a learn to read tarot book & deck set that I picked up in a local store. Since buying that first set I've become something of a collector & have lost count of how many I now have. My go to deck is the Radiant Rider-Waite Tarot as I like the colouring of it. I use tarot for personal development & to read for others.

Who's next? :)

Crystal Wolf

You can't go blaming me for all your decks you know!

One day I am going to make you list them all just for the fun of it! But it is great the fact that we can just research a deck online and then click and buy and it pops through the letterbox, A mazing! I still get a thrill out of new decks and have been very good so far this year not buying any at all?? But then I realised that I still have a few decks that I haven't actually opened and that are still in their cellophane wrapping, after looking at the book with pictures of the cards I realised the deck wasn't what I expected.

I first became interest in tarot in 1973 when I was taken to watch James Bond 007 Live and Let Die, with Roger Moore as Bond and the enigmatic Jane Seymour as Solitaire and of course the specially created hybrid tarot deck Tarot of the Witches.

solitaire.jpgTarotcards.jpg

0-07pips_zps8a7b9e9f.jpg

As you can see the deck is not the easiest to learn and interpret with the minor arcana being particularly difficult and needing a good memory. Makes the Rider Waite look easy doesn't it?

How many decks do I have? Don't be rude lol, but I stopped counting at 100 and have a special bookcase for most of them. I find each deck is different, some I like, some I don't, some disappointed me and some I am on my 4th or 5th copy as they are worn. I don't like my cards to look old and worn, I don't put them through the tumble dryer either like some readers who like to make their cards look used as if that makes them look like an experienced veteran reader. In fact I often take a brand new deck with me when I am off out reading.

Favourites, well...

The Pamela Colman Smith Commemorative Deck that celebrates 100 years of the Rider Waite Smith deck.

The pocket sized Universal Waite, carry it around everywhere.

Radiant Waite Tarot

Arcus Arcanum Tarot

There are so many really but that will do as they are my 'go to' decks :)

WolfSong

As if I would ever blame you, I think I already had quite a few before our paths crossed lol.

Crystal Wolf

Now we both know that's a whopper! "quite a few" it was rather more than that if I remember rightly! Thing is we have both got better at resisting new decks, least I have or are do you now have a secret stash you aren't telling me about, Was Steampunkt the last one??

WolfSong

No secret stash, the last couple of decks I bought were the Ghosts & Spirits Tarot & The Book of Shadows in August 2012, see I've been good :P

Crystal Wolf

Wow! that is good, I wonder if Amazon have shown a loss of profits recently?

So who is next and going to share with us the answers to the original questions,

CrystalSparkles

Hi all

I first became interested in tarot as child when on holiday in Spain, the Spaniards use cards similar to tarot cards as playing cards and I was fascinated by them, but it took me a long time to have the courage to get involved and accept the psychic world as something other than a bit scary!

My first deck was the Guilded tarot - which I still use today. My newest is the Faulkner Deck, I have may others including Vampires, dark angels, cats oh and the celestial tarot on order - - oops!! Cant resist them ! I use them both for my own personal development and for reading for friends etc.

Nice to meet u all

x

WolfSong

Thanks for sharing that CrystalSparkles.

I've seen the Faulkner deck but don't own a copy, would be interested in reading a review of it if you have the time to do one for us. :)

Crystal Wolf

I love Vampirey decks and the Bohemian Gothic is one of the beat imho :)

CinderMagic
What was your first deck? Did you buy it yourself or were you given it?
my first deck I consider to be the native american deck by laura tuan. I even heard a wolf’s howl through it from the moon card with the image on the front of the deck. So I definitely felt a strong connection with the deck itself. I guess I bought it myself but I was drawn to it.

How many decks do you have?

Too many to count, lol. The calling out business got very addictive when I first started out. But now that I'm free out of it, its okay.

What deck do you mostly use?

I currently mostly use only dark fairytale tarot, native american tarot, mystic dreamer tarot and power animal tarot.
I would love to own celtic dragon deck by DJ Conway though as that is a beautiful calming deck about dragons.

Do you read for others or do you use it for personal development only?

I do read for others, and also for personal development purposes. I find at times it comes in handy for when starting out with the cards.

helene58
HI My first deck was The Mythic Tarot which I still use today I have had it a few years but it doesn't look to tatty yet as I rarely used it ,its just recently that I have had a feeling to develop more spiritually and I hope becoming more familiar with the cards will help me do this .I also have a Wildwood deck but haven't got the hang of them yet

Crystal Wolf
Wildwood is a hard deck I think, depending on your knowledge of the green man and the green wood?

fizzy1
my first deck was the sharman casselli deck and i have ordered the radiant waite deck am just waiting for them to be delivered, i have had them for a long time and have always been interested in tarot but would like to learn the deeper meanings of the cards,
i usually use the cards for myself but i do also have some oracle cards and use them daily for myself and my husband almost as a thought for the day , i think oracle cards stretch you to think about your spiritual side more and can help you to not take things for granted , its like a gentle reminder not to get bogged down by the mundane things in life , thats just what i use it for
i must admit that i love the artwork on a lot of tarot cards and am having to sit on my hands to restrain myself a little from buying more lol

Crystal Wolf
Well if you want any other suggestions for decks I know that WolfSong is a bit of a mega collector lol

WolfSong
[quote name='Crystal Tarot' timestamp='1366204354' post='154672']
Well if you want any other suggestions for decks I know that WolfSong is a bit of a mega collector lol
[/quote]
Ha, look who's talking, you've got way more decks than me. :P

Crystal Wolf
One day we will have to list them and then see if we want to swap any?

WolfSong
I did do a list once but never kept it up, will have to see if I can find it sometime. :)

fizzy1
lol i bought some crystals which i washed in the river today and i bought the tarot of princesses it is a hard deck to read but it is nice to look at , i am still waiting on my radiant waite deck but it has been dispatched so i think with that one and the two lots of oracle cards it sounds like the beginnings of a collection :-)

Crystal Wolf
Hard deck, you kidding me, it's crazy! I love the pictures but with the big border I feel like cutting it off to make smaller cards.
What on earth is The Fool all about? A naked woman riding backwards on a pony?

And yep sounds like you are a new collector Fizzy :)

fizzy1
Not completely sure what lady godiva has to do with the fool , except maybe she was foolish to believe that no one would look if she rode naked through the street but its legend and not actually proved that she did lol

Crystal Wolf
But The Fool is nothing about being foolish?

fizzy1
no i know i was just playing on the word fool, and the fool is carefree not looking at the danger beyond the cliff so in a way slightly foolish, actually the radiant waite deck i got today lists folly as one of the interpretations of the card and folly means a lack of good sense, foolishness,as in an act of sheer folly (i looked up the meaning of folly in the dictionary as i wasnt sure of the exact meaning) so maybe it depends on the situation of the person you are reading for ???

Crystal Wolf
How do you like the new deck?

fizzy1
its lovely , was interested to read all the history properly the only thing is it gives card meanings and they can be quite vast which also puts a new learning curve on the cards but the picture deck is lovely and im looking forward to getting to know them properly :-) I wanted a waite deck in prep for your next tarot course

Crystal Wolf
Don't worry about learning them, we have a unique method here that means you will naturally know the meanings and every time you look at a card the correct one will bounce right out at you :)

Maybe we will try a few exercises here first. :)