fizzy1

Deck Spreads

fizzy1

what spreads do u use when reading for yourself or do others or do u vary them ? I would love ideas on a simple spread that covers most questions

Crystal Wolf

Hi Fizzy,

I personally create each spread so that it fits the question. Have you looked through our section on Reading For Yourself? http://www.soul-development.com/forum/index.php?showforum=307

I think when it is for ourselves it is important to have good clear titles for each placement as that can be the biggest help on how to interpret each card :)

Which spreads do you know?

fizzy1

i usually just do a four card spread with 4 tarot then sometimes i put 4 fairy oracle on top and see if there is a link in the cards, the celtic cross is one that is shown in the beginners guide that i have but it is a big card spread

WolfSong

I sometimes just split my deck into the majors & individual suits & draw a card from each section to represent each life area. :)

fizzy1

that sounds like a good way of learning what the cards mean i think i will try that and see what happens thankyou

Crystal Wolf

Yep do you know the individual suits meanings and elements, Like Cups, the suit of relationships and love and emotions, Pentacles, wealth and finances and material possessions, Swords, suit of the spoken word, strife and arguments, and Wands the suit of passion and ideas. Then Ace is the beginning and ten the cumulation and end result :)

fizzy1

i knew that pentacles were finance and cups were emotion and wands ideas but wasnt sure on swords thanks for telling me that but now you say it they say the tongue can be like a two edge sword i just didnt put the two together until now, see learning all the time :-) thank u

Crystal Wolf

yep and a sharp word can cut just as deep as any sword :)

Don't forget to add in the elements too now, Cups, Water think of tears and emotions, - Wands, Fire, light the end of the wand and watch the heat/ passion - Pentacles, Earth, think of the golden pentacle and money and burying treasure in the earth, and finally Swords and Air, think of a swishing sword cutting through the air .

fizzy1
thankyou so much for your help xx

Crystal Wolf
Anytime, that is what the club is all about :)

helene58
I use mostly the celtic spread although have tried a few others for myself to get to know them better

Crystal Wolf
I think we should have a whole thread devoted to the Celtic Cross lol, there are so many different ways

WolfSong
Is it wrong of me never to have done the Celtic Cross spread, for some reason it's never one that has appealed to me to do.

PhoenixV

My favorite spread is the celtic cross, but I have not used other spreads very often.

Crystal Wolf

Phoenix what makes it your favourite?  Is it because it has lots of place titles to make interpretation easier?

PhoenixV

I think it is mostly because I like detail. It also has places that might help explain (to the person I'm doing the reading for) part of why the outcome is what it is.

ShadowSphere9
On 4/9/2013 at 2:27 AM, fizzy1 said:

what spreads do u use when reading for yourself or do others or do u vary them ? I would love ideas on a simple spread that covers most questions

I work with my cards in asking a question then pull a card for that question and can continue on keeping the same format as the first question asked. At times I lay the cards out as in a event chart using asrto houses as the format.