Welcome To Soul-Development! An online community that cares and shares with thoughtfulness and kindness.
Sign in to follow this  
Crystal Wolf

When To Stop Shuffling?

Crystal Wolf
So how do you know when to stop shuffling?

When reading online I used to ask a person to think of a question whilst I shuffled and then when they felt the time was right say stop and I would choose the top card. Worked well :)

When I am reading for myself sometimes I seem to shuffle forever and so I shuffle 7 times and then spread the cards and choose one, that way I fell if I inadequately shuffled or should have shuffled for longer the correct cards will still have a chance of being picked.

What about you,

CinderMagic
An interesting question. If it was just a general deck reading I would have to say that I usually think of the person's username online so as to have an idea or a feel for their energy while I shuffle the cards, with their permission, of course though. Then I usually just go with what sits right and when I feel drawn to shuffle or stop shuffling the cards. Sometimes I have asked the person first to say stop when they feel ready for me to stop shuffling too. I have not tried reading for question reads so that might also be interesting to try and do :).

helene58
So far I have tried shuffling while concentrating on the person ,asking the person to give me 10 numbers, shuffling on the question and and then dealing the numbers chosen

Crystal Wolf
So when someone gives you a number how do you know when to stop shuffling and start to count the cards? Do you ever hesitate and give it one more go?

WolfSong
I stop shuffling when it feels right. :)

Crystal Wolf
But that is like saying never to me lol. Especially when I get cards I don't want lol, then I think shouldv'e shuffled longer

fizzy1
when i do an oracle card for the day i shuffle spread and pick one, but my husband likes to have one too and he shuffles and picks but if he drops a card while shuffling i read that one for him as i feel its the card he should have ( i also do that for myself aswell so i shuffle and spread or read the dropped card)

Crystal Wolf
I like doing a card a day too :)

fizzy1
i think the oracle cards are great for a one a day reading it makes you think about things on a deeper level i think you can get so bogged down by the mundane things of everyday life that you sometimes miss the more important things and the oracle cards give u a gentle reminder :-) i always shuffle and say what would you like me to know today

ocean
I always do two cards for myself for the day without fail.I always know when to stop shuffling as when that moment arrives I can not move my hands at all to shuffle anymore.They simply and strangely will not move at all.

Crystal Wolf

How do you use the two cards? Do they show advice or trends or what will happen?

ocean

The first card gives me a good feel of what the first half of the day has instore and (you guessed it) the second card gives a feel of the second half of the day.It is very rare that they are wrong aswell.How it all works i will never know but it does.

Crystal Wolf

so come on share a few cards and what happened during the day please :)

Or why not start your own card a day thread and post about it?

ocean

Hi crystal tarot.I will do these things that you sugested eventually but i have a lot of other things on my mind at the moment that i feel a need to write about.One of these things can be found in the unknown section under the title,The day my life changed forever.I will be posting more of these stories in the coming weeks.

Thanks