Welcome To Soul-Development! An online community that cares and shares with thoughtfulness and kindness.
Sign in to follow this  
fizzy1

New Deck What To Buy ?

fizzy1
i have the sharman caselli deck which is my only set of cards apart from my healing with fairies oracle cards

i would like a new set but not sure what to buy , i looked on amazon and saw a tarot set by josephine ellershaw , gilded tarot and like the artwork

what are your opinions?

Crystal Wolf
If you like the Shaman Casselli then you will love one of the Rider Waite decks that it is based on :) Perhaps try the Radiant Waite or the Universal Waite?

Now you have got me thinking of buying decks ohh nooooo 'wails Crystal be good, do not click, do not press buy!'

WolfSong
I have the Gilded Tarot & although it is based on the Rider Waite I personally find it hard to read.

What sort of things are you interested in Fizzy? Maybe that will help narrow things down a bit.

fizzy1
I like lots of things i like fairies , i sometimes play rpg on xbox and i am always the caster of magic , i like nature and animals lol but i also want something not too complicated as im still learning

fizzy1
lol crystal im looking all the time just not confident to buy yet

WolfSong
Hmm, there's the Pictorial Key Tarot, which is very similar in symbolism to the original Rider Waite Tarot but not quite a clone or the forthcoming 3D Tarot looks interesting.

fizzy1
3d tarot that sounds nice will take a look thanks x

Crystal Wolf
[quote name='fizzy1' timestamp='1365794641' post='154531']
I like lots of things i like fairies , i sometimes play rpg on xbox and i am always the caster of magic , i like nature and animals lol but i also want something not too complicated as im still learning
[/quote]

I went through a fae faze, they are complicated and hard to read decks. The Gilded is easy once you decifer the artist's interpretation of the Rider Waite but why bother? I always revert to the Rider Waite or the Radiant Waite or the Univeral Waite, bascically a deck by Arthur Edward Waite as they are by far the easiest to interpet and learn. I don't really know why they are hated by some and think it is just a stubborn streak that perhaps the reader does not have confidence enough to learn them?

Would you be buying online or in person? As I can highly recommend Amazon lol.

Crystal Wolf
[quote name='WolfSong' timestamp='1365800302' post='154534']
Hmm, there's the Pictorial Key Tarot, which is very similar in symbolism to the original Rider Waite Tarot but not quite a clone or the forthcoming 3D Tarot looks interesting.
[/quote]
Yep the author, Roberto De Angelis, also has the Universal Tarot, and the Transparent Universal Tarot

fizzy1
i would buy on amazon there is a shop in exeter that i go to but its having time to get there, my friend came over today and she has bought me a present which is so exciting , i have done a reading for her once quite a while ago and we havent really talked to much about it since but she has bought me the tarot of trees which im excited about

Crystal Wolf
How lovely :) what a nice friend to have .

fizzy1
ok i should not be left alone lol i have bought the radiant waite deck from amazon

Crystal Wolf
You will love it :)

WolfSong
Oh dear Fizzy, be careful your on the slippery slope to becoming a deck collector hehehe & what a lovely gesture by your friend. :)

fizzy1
I think so wolfsong ! im getting addicted its actually funny because my otherhalf actually asked to pick a fairy card today so its catching !