Welcome To Soul-Development! An online community that cares and shares with thoughtfulness and kindness.
WolfSong

Books On Or About Tarot

WolfSong

Have just bought some books for my kindle, the first one is called 'An Introduction to Transformative Tarot Counseling' by Katrina Wynne, the review on Aeclectic Tarot by Bonnie Cehovet sounded promising, & 'Come Hell or High Water: The Trilogy' by Stephen Morris a paranormal fictional trilogy set in Prague, which incorporates tarot into its story. 

Crystal Wolf

Happy Reading, let us know what they are like, sounds interesting about the story with tarot included :)

PhoenixV

I was wondering. Some of the tarot books give slightly different interpretations of the same cards. Is there any one 'right' way?

Crystal Wolf

Difficult question, but in my opinion, yes there is only one right way. Do you have any specific books or decks you are talking about though?

PhoenixV

I'm not at home at the moment, so I can't check the names of them, but I have 3 or 4 different decks, and they all came with books. Each book had slight variations in the interpretations of the cards. I want to find the 'correct' way to interpret the cards, but each book is different. So I was wondering if you had a book reccomendation..

Crystal Wolf

It's a deck recommendation really. For me it has to be a RIder Waite Smith deck. The first was printed in December 1909 and the book to go wth it The Pictorial Guide to the Tarot in 1910.

Each deck is slightly different, and so will have different interpretations, but the Rider Waite is unique in that it is original archetypes that every human can relate to, no artistic baggage, no special knowledge of  faeries, or angels, or witches, just common sense. Nearly every other deck is based on them in some way, apart from the Thoth and Tarot de Marsseille that is.

PhoenixV

It's a deck recommendation really. For me it has to be a RIder Waite Smith deck. The first was printed in December 1909 and the book to go wth it The Pictorial Guide to the Tarot in 1910.

Each deck is slightly different, and so will have different interpretations, but the Rider Waite is unique in that it is original archetypes that every human can relate to, no artistic baggage, no special knowledge of  faeries, or angels, or witches, just common sense. Nearly every other deck is based on them in some way, apart from the Thoth and Tarot de Marsseille that is.

Ok. :) Thank you. :)