Welcome To Soul-Development! An online community that cares and shares with thoughtfulness and kindness.
ocean

Sodalite As A Aid For Reading Tarot.

ocean
Hi all.A couple of years ago I came across a article that said sodalite is a great help for any tarot reader.It is a great crystal for devolping intuition.Without fail ever since I have held a piece of sodalite in my hand when reading tarot cards.
Do any of you use sodalite in this way?.
Do any of you have any other item or crystal that you hold when reading tarot?.
Lots of love.Ocean/David xxx

PhoenixV
I use hematite. :) it really helps calm me and clear my head. I love hematite. :)

ocean
Hi phoenixV.I do not know much about hematite.Is it suposed to be good with blood problems and usefull to have around in legal situations?.I think that is all I know about it as I do not have any.I may get some if it is calming for to use when my two year old daughter is been naughty.
Thanks Ocean/David xxx

PhoenixV

General Gemstone Detailshematite_natural.gif

Hematite is a metallic gray iron oxide mineral, and the same stone of a differing variety as specularite.
Ancient Egyptians used it to stanch blood and promote the formation of blood cells. In the Middle Ages is was known as the "blood stone" due to the fact that the water used to polish it would turn red during the process, as if the stone were bleeding. Native American folklore states that war paint made from hematite will make one invincible in battle. People in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries wore hematite jewelry during mourning.

Scientists of the Mars Exploration Rover Project believe that deposits of hematite on Mars may help prove whether large amounts of liquid water ever flowed on Mars' surface. They say that where water was, life may have had a chance to thrive as well.

Hematite is said to protect the wearer's vita energy and guarantee survival. Amulets of hematite have been found in nearly every pharaoh's tomb as a support in the afterlife.

http://www.controverscial.com/Hematite.htm

I found a couple sites that give info, the top one I copied and the second one was too much info for copying. :) I personally find hematite to be very calming, and soothing. It also seems to 'balance' my energy out.

ocean

Thanks for that info it was very interesting,especially the bit about mars.I will get some at the next mind body spirit fair that i go to.

Love Ocean/David xxx

Crystal Wolf

I must admit I don't use Sodalite much, and certainly not for readings. There are a couple of pictures on the main page on the right hand side that show some of the ways I use crystals during a reading. Usually Clear Quartz for clarity being the most important and then depending on the topic perhaps some Rose Quartz or Aquamarine or Aventurine.

PhoenixV

I must admit I don't use Sodalite much, and certainly not for readings. There are a couple of pictures on the main page on the right hand side that show some of the ways I use crystals during a reading. Usually Clear Quartz for clarity being the most important and then depending on the topic perhaps some Rose Quartz or Aquamarine or Aventurine.

What do you think of Moonstone? I love moonstones as well, and the stone seems like it would be a good 'assist' to reading.

Crystal Wolf

Moonstone is very gentle and has a kind feminine energy. I think it might depend on the type of Moonstone and it's vibration. I am a great believer that the right crystal for the right job beats any amount of marketing hype, Do you have any that you feel would be good?

Oh I am off to a Crystal fayre this weekend :)

PhoenixV

I don't have any that I would feel would work for me doing a reading (I have it in jewelery), but I want to get some. It's just hard to find where to get stones near where I live. I tend to go online to buy it usually. I just like being able to 'feel' it before i get it to use. I want to go the fayre too!!! :) It sounds awesome. :)

ocean
Hi phoenixv I like moonstone aswell.I have a piece of rainbow moonstone that I realy love.When you get it at just the right angle you see loads of little electric blue flecks in it (beutifull).

fizzy1

i carry hematite with me everyday , i got security searched at work the other day which they do sometimes and they asked what it meant and whether it worked lol

Crystal Wolf

What did you say?

PhoenixV

Hi phoenixv I like moonstone aswell.I have a piece of rainbow moonstone that I realy love.When you get it at just the right angle you see loads of little electric blue flecks in it (beutifull).

I love it mostly because I have always been fascinated with the moon, and the moon seeming to be a source of energy. Whenever I had moonstone, it always seemed to be similar to the moon like I had a piece of the moon with me. :)

PhoenixV

i carry hematite with me everyday , i got security searched at work the other day which they do sometimes and they asked what it meant and whether it worked lol

I usually just tell people I like it. It's a lot easier to say that than to go into what all it does for me. :) :)

fizzy1

What did you say?

I said that i carry it with me because im prone to blushing and get a little nervous sometimes  and i feel that it works for me, (and i didnt blush when i told them lol) they just kind of smiled

But im fine with it whether it works or whether i feel it works is the main thing and anything that can make you feel a bit more confident is all good :-) this new job is more of a mental challenge for me anyway and so far so good they seem to be pleased with my progress so thats good , also i think i read somewhere that it helps you to be grounded and i think that is a good thing as like u know im interested in tarot and pull a card a day and hematite is supposed to be a good stone for that , i tend to carry that stone and place a rose quartz with my cards for a positive glow 

Fae

Sodalite is an excellent stone for absorbing worry too often known as the worry stone. Me, myself personally, I sometimes go with what I'm drawn to hold, although I do have a mind for an amethyst crystal grid, which I'm meant to sit in so maybe I will try visualising that when I work next time. :) Learning something new every day is a good thing, I think.

Crystal Wolf

I just bought some Rainbow Moonstone, it is so beautiful especially in the sunshine :)

Olivia

I use hematite. :) it really helps calm me and clear my head. I love hematite. :)

I love Hematite, I always use it for grounding, calms me too. I like to have crystals on the table when I read, well I used to that is.