Welcome To Soul-Development! An online community that cares and shares with thoughtfulness and kindness.
Sign in to follow this  
ocean

Jumping/falling Cards.

ocean

Hi all.I know some people will read and take note of cards that jump or fall out of the pack when shuffling and i am wondering how many of you on this forum do it.I personally take little or no notice to cards that appear to jump or fall out of the pack.

Am i missing a trick here?.

Do you take notice of falling/jumping cards?.

Please let me know.

Thanks Ocean/David xxx

WolfSong

Some times I do, sometimes I don't, all depends on how I feel as I tend to drop quite a few as I'm a rubbish shuffler. :)

ocean
Hi Wolfsong.I too can be quite poor at shuffling at times thats mainly why I do not read cards that jump/fall.
Do you think a card that you need to read can actually propell its self out of the pack though to get your attention?.
Have you got your Glastonbury tarot yet?.
If so what do you think of it?.
Thanks Ocean/David xxx

Crystal Wolf

Unlike Wolfie I am a good shuffler so if a card flies out I will place it at the top right side of the reading and take it into consideration, sometimes if instead of one card two come out then they are read together. I think it all depends on how you think the tarot works, what makes the reading and if there is another force at work that is adding it's mark...

ocean
Hi and thanks crystal tarot. Do you believe there is another force at work helping you with your taror readings?.
Thanks and love Ocean/David xxx

Crystal Wolf

Well, when you ask me like that I have to umm and ahh a bit.  I have come across so many different view points that I often make too open a statement.

I know that the cards will work with anyone who learns their individual meanings properly, but this is on a superficial level, to go deeper one needs to have a deeper knowledge and to listen to the lessons learnt in the Fool's Journey before applying the minor arcana lessons.

Cassiel

I think it all depends on the circumstances, being a professional reader I do tend to be quite a proficient shuffler, but sometimes cards have a mind of their own and just fly out. One time the lady sitting opposite me caught a flyer and started looking at it before I could stop her. The card was The Tower and she was obviously mortified. The card is so dramatic, people falling out of a burning tower amidst flames and debris.

She started crying and then explained her situation which the card fit perfectly and she felt relieved to be able to tell someone and have a sympathetic ear.

Cards are important no matter how or where they fall.

ocean
Thanks for that cassiel.
I will start and have more of a look at jumping,falling and flying cards.
That little story of yours tells me maybe I am missing a trick and a chance to give more info when I read the cards.
Thanks again Ocean/David xxx

littlesnowbear

I never used to but the last 6-8 months the knight of cups has been throwing itself at me. It also turns up in almost every reading I do. The other day I did a one card reading got him. did another got him again made sure I shuffled really well and there he was again.  

Crystal Wolf

Lol, then you have to listen to him? What do you take the card as meaning for you at this time? Perhaps sorting that out will mean that the cards let you go and move on?

littlesnowbear

I don't know what he wants! Maybe its me wishing for my knight in shining armour! I've been getting the wheel of fortune a lot lately too been having a bad time so I hope it means my luck will change. I find it quite hard doing my own readings. Though some have come true lately never in the way I expect! They kept saying a promtion would be likely at work. What it didn't say was I would be demoted for a few months and then promoted back to where I was! I kept getting the six of pentacles too and was confused. Then I realised duh I work for a charity!

Crystal Wolf

The Wheel of Fortune reminds us that life is a circle that up's can follow down's and consequently down's can follow up's. Everything is a phase and we move on with the circle of life round and round, what does vary is the depth of the down and the high of the up and the length of time in each phase.

Have you read the section on reading your own cards?

littlesnowbear

I just went and read it.  what I find hard is using my intuition I don't tend to trust it and worry that my hopes and fears influence my interpretations.  I think I need to work on opening up my intuition more.

Crystal Wolf

Intuition is useless when it comes to reading for yourself.  DId you read this thread?  http://www.soul-development.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14363

Maybe we could do a reading together and see what you are doing? I forget which deck do you use again?

littlesnowbear

gilded tarot. Maybe it would be good to get some outside perspective.