Welcome To Soul-Development! An online community that cares and shares with thoughtfulness and kindness.
Sign in to follow this  
WolfSong

Lenormand Cards

WolfSong
Marie Anne Adelaide Lenormand (1772–1843) was a French professional fortune-teller of considerable fame during the Napoleonic era. In France Lenormand is considered the greatest cartomancer of all time, highly influential on the wave of French cartomancy that began in the late 18th century.

Lenormand claimed to have given cartomantic advice to many famous persons, among them leaders of the French revolution (Marat, Robespierre and St-Just), Empress Josephine and Tsar Alexander I. She was active for more than 40 years.

After Lenormand's death her name was used on several cartomancy decks including a deck of 36 illustrated cards known as the Petit Lenormand or simply Lenormand cards still used extensively today. The 36 card Lenormand deck is modelled on a deck of cards published c1799 as part of Das Spiel der Hoffnung (The Game of Hope), a game of chance designed by Johann Kaspar Hechtel of Nuremberg.

I've just bought a deck called 'Under the Roses Lenormand' but haven't a clue how to use them, any suggestions?

Crystal Wolf

Nice deck, love the sepia :)

I think that the Lenormand string of decks is fast becoming the third card deck for readings, along with RW and Thoth? 

I used to read the Lenormand years ago and havent picked them up in a while. They are slightly different to this deck.

I presume you have read the reviews that seem to say stick to the analytical Lenormand style of interpretation and build sentences and scenes?

We could do a Lenormand workshop perhaps?

IAOMAI

It seems very unique and intriguing. I can't discern any pattern to the symbolism on my own, and I'm interested in learning about it. I'm also interested in the bit about making "sentences and scenes" in the interpretation. 

WolfSong

Yes I read the reviews & workshop would be great if you have the time. :)

Crystal Wolf

Will start on it as soon as I can :)