Welcome To Soul-Development! An online community that cares and shares with thoughtfulness and kindness.
Sign in to follow this  
Crystal Wolf

Walking mindfulness - look and see

Crystal Wolf

Sometime we feel we are at the bottom, in the dark, in the cold, fighting depression or stress or a low mood. On my walk today I started thinking about this workshop and mindfulness came into play.

I had my camera and started clicking, now I am not a good photographer but these pictures might allow you to follow my thoughts.

So picture one - I was walking along a valley trail, it was cool and misty and very damp and muddy. I looked up and saw the top of the woods with the sunshine and quickened my step. That was where I wanted to be, up in the glorious sunshine looking at all the beautiful golden and russet leaves.

Mindfulnesslookingforthesun_zps833b0b14.

and so I walked along the valley bottom, next to a small stream that was rushing by, gurgling over rocks and broken branches until I turned a corner and the trail led up the hillside, and I was soon out of the dull, gloom and in the warmth of the sun looking back on where I had been just moments earlier.

Lookingbackonthedark_zps0b4cf855.jpg

and looking up at the clear blue sky. Not a cloud to be seen anywhere!

AutumnalBluesky_zps941b37d3.jpg

and so I started to look around and feel. I saw this branch of the last green summer leaves and tbe beautiful golden ones taking their place. I was enjoying that very second, that very moment.

Thelastgreenleaves_zps3d105919.jpg

I hope that you enjoyed that short journey. It made me think about how the different scenes are similar to real life's up's and down's. How sometimes we can feel at the lowest point, that life is gloomy and everywhere is dark, but just around the corner can be bright, cheerful, happier times?

WolfSong

Lovely pictures, made me feel as though I was walking right by the side of you. :)

CrystalDreamer

I wish I had an environment such as yours. My walk would probably be:
"Look, here's a brick house. And there's a flat. Aaaaaaand there's another brick house. And there we have some intimidating looking wannabe gangsters, and on the right there are some more brick houses."

However, 5 minutes out on my bicycle there is a lake, and I have found something that's pretty much a natural Zen garden (it's awesome, as if no one has ever been there), so maybe I should go there again from time to time. I hope I can still find it... I'll send pictures when I do (and when I figure out how to post pictures in a post).

Thanks for reminding me.

Crystal Wolf

Thank-you both. I am lucky, we live in a rural area after years in town. It is magnificent but then there are no nearby shops and the nearest supermarket is over 6 miles away.  But hopefully those pictures bring a little countryside her :)

Legna

Very taken with the last picture , especially, Crystal :)  I too am lucky because my house backs up on to a nature reserve, which has lots of trees and wild life, even though I live in the middle of a small town.

Crystal Wolf

Thank-you.

OI think it would be great if everyone had a go at compiling a 'mindful walk'?

CrystalDreamer

Sounds like a plan. I'll see when I have the time. Maybe Tuesday or Thursday or something. Everything will look dead and autumny now, but maybe it's still as beautiful as I remember.

Legna

I think I may have mentioned about a meditative walk I take, when walking the dog. I imagine a white light entering my crown and going into the earth to meet a golden light coming up from the earth and through my feet. I feel very at one with nature at these times and, as I pass I touch the trees, imagining the healing light, healing where it is needed. Well this time I decided to combine it with mindfulness.

As I imagined the white and golden light meeting each other and mingling, I imagined that they made my vision clearer and helped me focus more on my surroundings. So what, otherwise, would have turned out to be a normal bleak walk, on this cold and damp morning, turned out to be a magical walk in a wonderland.

I noticed each blade of grass, how they bend and sway in the slight breeze. The numerous shades of yellow, gold and red leaves underfoot, which seemed to shine out with their bright colours, which I hadn't noticed before. I took in deep breaths which seemed to dispel all thoughts of all the things I have to do, and wanting to rush home to do them. I noticed the different patterns and scars on the barks of the trees and, the miniscule leaves on the moss, that covered some of the tree trunks. Something I had not noticed before. The moss just usually looks like a green blanket, when in fact it far from smooth and is various shades of  green.

I felt the coolness on my skin and the dampness in the air but it wasn't unpleasant. I also heard the occasional leaf falling to the ground and watched how they swirl and twist before landing gently to the earth, Even the soggy, wet leaves seemed to glisten, showing off the pretty veins on their surface. As I looked up I didn't see a bleak grey sky, but a sky of different shades of grey and white, and if you look closely, with very pale blue patches now and then. full of life, because there were quite a few birds flying over head.

All in all a very enjoyable and wonderful walk, if only we took the time to always be mindful, how magical life would become!

So Thank You Crystal ,for bringing this to our attention and helping us to become more mindful and, gaining a very valuable experience! :)

Crystal Wolf

Wow that sounded brilliant!   I think that this has made me rethink and enjoy my walks more. 

Sign in to follow this