Sign in to follow this  
TaroHeart

Tarot deck ideas

TaroHeart

Hello

I have been creating a new Tarot deck and wanted some feedback on what you guy's 

thought of the idea.

It's based mainly on Fashion accessories and clothing but i wanted to know which elemental suits

would be best to use for the swords as mine will not be following the traditional air suit elements?

For the swords i will be using shoe accessories and shoe boxes, but not sure if i can come up with anything

suitable to use instead of swords?

For the other suits these will be  chalices - Rods - Diamonds 

I know some decks go with the traditional names like  swords - knives - etc

but wanted something different to describe shoe accessories? 

Any ideas would be welcome

Thanks

Crystal Wolf

What an interesting idea!

Umbrellas? Mobile phones?

Ha lol, Cups could be handbags!

WolfSong

Interesting idea indeed, can't see how it would work myself but I look forward to hearing & seeing more about it. :)

TaroHeart

What an interesting idea!

Umbrellas? Mobile phones?

Ha lol, Cups could be handbags!

Hi Crystal

Thanks for those ideas, i have thought using handbags and umbrellas for some of the suits

But wanted to use shoe accessories instead lol

TaroHeart

Interesting idea indeed, can't see how it would work myself but I look forward to hearing & seeing more about it. :)

Hi wolfsong

Thanks for your interest, i have many varied decks and for me after a while i sort of get bored

with seeing the usual same swords, wands and cups etc

i thought i would try something abit different, although trying to come up with a suitable name for

using shoe accessories  hasn't been easy  :)

Crystal Wolf

For the other suits these will be  chalices - Rods - Diamonds

Rods could be Walking Sticks? Not sure what classifications you were starting out from though

Madame Marigold
socks? or hose? Were you meaning for all the suits you were wanting them to be shoe related? maybe use ankle bracelets? as well....hmmm or different type of shoes? Galoshes could be cups! (water)grins Sandals-hearts.....picturing sunny, bright days (love) Definitely would be interesting!

TaroHeart

hi guys 

how do i go back and edit my posts ?

Crystal Wolf

You can't, once a post is made, it's made.

Did you figure out your suits then?

I was wondering why you didn't choose the name Tarotheart but of course the th is then like a the so Tarot the art lol

TaroHeart

You can't, once a post is made, it's made.

Did you figure out your suits then?

I was wondering why you didn't choose the name Tarotheart but of course the th is then like a the so Tarot the art lol

Hello Crystal

I was searching for some ideas on Tarot suits when i came across this link online, it looks like my idea has already been done

it's called the ( Pop Fashion Tarot 

Not sure if i can put the link here to show, it says the deck will be available in 2015? 

http://www.zhibit.org/reed01

Oh well, never mind

i kind of liked how the creator uses suit names from playing cards and relates these into fashion items 

TaroHeart

socks? or hose? Were you meaning for all the suits you were wanting them to be shoe related? maybe use ankle bracelets? as well....hmmm or different type of shoes? Galoshes could be cups! (water)grins Sandals-hearts.....picturing sunny, bright days (love) Definitely would be interesting!

Hi thanks

I'm still in the early stages on what i will be using for each suit, but that is interesting i like the socks and shoes idea!

Crystal Wolf

I didn't agree with the Wands = Clubs and Spades = Swords, I use them the other wy round? FOr me Spades dig into earth like the wands and the clubs are swung in the air like swords?

TaroHeart

I didn't agree with the Wands = Clubs and Spades = Swords, I use them the other wy round? FOr me Spades dig into earth like the wands and the clubs are swung in the air like swords?

I have a friend who uses them the same way as you, i think the spades for shoes is an interesting thought though i wonder why the creator had used spades? does it mean ''think with your feet first'' i'm sure there is an old phrase meaning that  ''thinking with your feet before doing something'' or it's a way for problem solving.

I like the idea of the Hearts for water/cups - we use perfume or a scent to attract a love interest or attention

i didn't think of that? :)

Madame Marigold
(real fancy) High heels or fancy jewelry for diamonds? ($ money, finances) I know nothing of fashion but my daughter just got a high end? job with a big corporation and kinda looked affronted when I said to just got to Wal-Mart or thrift store for her sets of shoes and coats..... nooooo...I was very kindly explained to why that would in no way be acceptable. snorts.... Were you planning on using shoe or shoe related for each of the suits or also other aspects of fashion? I.E. dress's, jewelry, clothing etc etc? You would have a incredibly wide palette to work with!

TaroHeart

(real fancy) High heels or fancy jewelry for diamonds? ($ money, finances) I know nothing of fashion but my daughter just got a high end? job with a big corporation and kinda looked affronted when I said to just got to Wal-Mart or thrift store for her sets of shoes and coats..... nooooo...I was very kindly explained to why that would in no way be acceptable. snorts.... Were you planning on using shoe or shoe related for each of the suits or also other aspects of fashion? I.E. dress's, jewelry, clothing etc etc? You would have a incredibly wide palette to work with!

Hi Marigold

Oh i think your daughter must be high maintenance like my friend who only wears expensive shoes  :D  i love your ideas here as well, i would of used diamonds and jewelery for finances as well, this was already done by the creator above for their deck, i suppose there are probably hundreds more different ideas to explore yet? 

I

Crystal Wolf

I created a deck that was a tribute to a forest that was cut down for wood by, it was really good, Decks can be about anything but when do they stop being tarot?

TaroHeart

I created a deck that was a tribute to a forest that was cut down for wood by, it was really good, Decks can be about anything but when do they stop being tarot?

That Tarot sounds interesting Crystal did you self - publish that deck or was it just for self use only, I have seen many Tarot decks listed on another forum and one where there are over 2.000 decks available to look at, but what i have seen is many new deck creator's don't want to keep doing the same old Rider waite symbolism anymore and will want to come up with a new Tarot system or use different elemental suits? i have seen vampire decks, Halloween decks, a star trek deck, a Hollywood stars deck etc there are just so many different themes that can be used these days. 

I do like the idea of seeing new and fresh ideas that have not been explored yet with Tarot, but i haven't seen a limit on what can not be used for a tarot theme?

Crystal Wolf
I think it's more that tarot has 78 cards and 4 suits.

Madame Marigold

Was just re-surfing thru old posts and this reminded me that at one time I wanted to do either a "Tarot" deck or a "Lenormand" one using Mission Bend Woolery farm as the inspiration of it...... I cant believe I had forgotten all about it! hmmmm ok would you all be willing to help me pick?

(although can see maybe doing both truthfully) maybe... it is a thought! Should I? Or no? curious bunny mind wants to know! setting cold mugs of root beer out along with other goodies.

(Oldest bossiest cow or nanny for the High Priestess, neighboring bull or ram for the Devil! ;) or lovers? The pole barn for Home in lenormand many possibilities!) 

:thinking-023:

Edited by Madame Marigold
added some

Crystal Wolf
On 6/9/2018 at 7:47 PM, Madame Marigold said:

Was just re-surfing thru old posts and this reminded me that at one time I wanted to do either a "Tarot" deck or a "Lenormand" one using Mission Bend Woolery farm as the inspiration of it...... I cant believe I had forgotten all about it! hmmmm ok would you all be willing to help me pick?

(although can see maybe doing both truthfully) maybe... it is a thought! Should I? Or no? curious bunny mind wants to know! setting cold mugs of root beer out along with other goodies.

(Oldest bossiest cow or nanny for the High Priestess, neighboring bull or ram for the Devil! ;) or lovers? The pole barn for Home in lenormand many possibilities!) 

:thinking-023:

Oldest bossiest knowitall wise cow for High Priestess?
no snake for the devil?

Home has to be the farmstead not the animals home? or  hmm that would make YOU the High Priestess Hmm

• Like 1