Welcome To Soul-Development! An online community that cares and shares with thoughtfulness and kindness.
Sign in to follow this  
Olivia

Getting back into reading after a break?

Olivia

I haven't picked up my tarot deck for a while, and I was wondering how people get back into reading? I used to give free readings most days and then the forum I was on closed and everyone disappeared and then today I felt the urge to start reading again and I found this site that said it was looking for readers?

I have a few decks that I use, I am a traditional reader Waite style but do love the old Visconti and TdM etc, they seem to be even closer to the true tarot.

What do you all think, any help to get me back started again please?

Madame Marigold

I lost almost all my decks and have not read in quite some time but have found 2 decks that survived and have used them the last couple of days doing "imaginary" readings? I guess you could call them. I've been seeking more info and 2 young girls who went missing 15 yrs ago and used them in several different spreads looking for some answers.

I read once someone who did readings for "book" or story personalities etc......it is actually quite interesting! And it does help restart those talents.  :training:  :girlwink: 

Bright Blessings and happy shuffling, Madame Marigold

Crystal Wolf

I haven't picked up my tarot deck for a while, and I was wondering how people get back into reading? I used to give free readings most days and then the forum I was on closed and everyone disappeared and then today I felt the urge to start reading again and I found this site that said it was looking for readers?

I have a few decks that I use, I am a traditional reader Waite style but do love the old Visconti and TdM etc, they seem to be even closer to the true tarot.

What do you all think, any help to get me back started again please?

I have never stopped but I would imagine that a new deck might be the way to go, but far be it for me to encourage anyone to buy new, I have been good so far and haven't clicked buy yet.

Crystal Wolf

I lost almost all my decks and have not read in quite some time but have found 2 decks that survived and have used them the last couple of days doing "imaginary" readings? I guess you could call them. I've been seeking more info and 2 young girls who went missing 15 yrs ago and used them in several different spreads looking for some answers.

I read once someone who did readings for "book" or story personalities etc......it is actually quite interesting! And it does help restart those talents.  :training:  :girlwink:

Bright Blessings and happy shuffling, Madame Marigold

The trouble with those kinds of readings apart from the obvious is that how can one check that the reading is any good or on point?

Which decks survived?

Madame Marigold

The Blue Owl Lenormand deck, Piatnik deck (same almost as the 1st)  and a index card tarot one (I still need to find)

and of course doing reg. cartomancy using plain  deck of cards.  I actually bought off ebay a "Congress"? set it has 2 deck of cards in it....a white cat deck and a black cat deck. (the backs) I have used the dark cat set for serious readings.

Somewhere in the mess of a house I do still have s mini tarot deck but it is hiding away from me along with my 2 crystal wands, rings and a big jade heart!  :girlsad: sighs I've searched and searched cleaned what I could but I guess  the faeries are having fun with me BUT it aint FUN!  :ireful: sighs...... :banghead: