Welcome To Soul-Development! An online community that cares and shares with thoughtfulness and kindness.
Mariess

New to Tarot cards

Mariess

Hello everyone!

I know nothing about Tarot cards and there are so many decks out there! I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction as to where to find a good one to start out with and a booklet to go with it so I know how to use it!

Thanks!

Crystal Wolf

I would alwasy recommedn the Rider Waite deck, more specifically the Universal Waite. Whay do you want to learn tarot? Did you see Live and Let Die?

Mariess

I would alwasy recommedn the Rider Waite deck, more specifically the Universal Waite. Whay do you want to learn tarot? Did you see Live and Let Die?

Thank you for your recommendation! Actually, when I saw John Edward, he gave a little speech beforehand and he said he used Tarot cards as a helpful tool in the beginnings of his journey.

Crystal Wolf

Tarot definitely can start people off on the path to new discovery. I must admit I tend to use Amazon for my decks now, they seem to be good and reliable :)

Olivia

Hello everyone!

I know nothing about Tarot cards and there are so many decks out there! I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction as to where to find a good one to start out with and a booklet to go with it so I know how to use it!

Thanks!

The booklets are pretty poor info, you need a good book like Joan Bunnings.

Did you get a deck in the end?

Mariess

The booklets are pretty poor info, you need a good book like Joan Bunnings.

Did you get a deck in the end?

I still haven't purchased a deck yet - been busy with researching! I will look into the book by Joan Bunnings! Thanks!

Crystal Wolf

I still haven't purchased a deck yet - been busy with researching! I will look into the book by Joan Bunnings! Thanks!

The Joan Bunning book is good and clear and there is a website that has resources for the book, in fact I think you can download it? Olivia might know more :)

Mariess

I just found the online course! Thanks guys!

Olivia

The Joan Bunning book is good and clear and there is a website that has resources for the book, in fact I think you can download it? Olivia might know more :)

You will need to get a deck though, I can't stop buying them lol so its hard for me to see someone that hasn't got a deck yet.

Mariess

You will need to get a deck though, I can't stop buying them lol so its hard for me to see someone that hasn't got a deck yet.

Yes I just purchased a deck from Amazon thanks to Crystal Tarot and her recommendation!

Crystal Wolf

Yes I just purchased a deck from Amazon thanks to Crystal Tarot and her recommendation!

oooh which one did you get? When will it get here and are you going to join in with our reading experiment using playing cards?

Mariess

oooh which one did you get? When will it get here and are you going to join in with our reading experiment using playing cards?

I bought the Universal Waite Tarot Deck and Book Set ..it is being shipped today! I can't wait! Reading experiment? I'd love to..please :nod: give me details!!

poppy

If you click on Crystal Tarot's name above her icon you will go to her profile page. On the right you will find "Send me a message". Click on this and you can send her a private message. 

WolfSong

The private message system doesn't kick in until you have made 25 posts so you need to make 6 more posts to be able to do it. :)

poppy

Sorry that I misinformed Mariess

Crystal Wolf

Sorry that I misinformed Mariess

Don't worry Pops it's nice of you to help like that and it's all sorted now and Mariess can play too :)

Crystal Wolf

It says to pm you with the cards? I can't seem to find where to do that. I looked under the help section it says to click on my username - did that and no messaging displays..

Sorry that was my fault, you can play now :)

Mariess

Thanks guys! Yesterday I went to find it and after I read Poppy's post..I thought, I'm losing my mind - I don't see any such thing!..haha I see it now and other cool stuff.. :sungum:

Mariess

Thanks guys! Yesterday I went to find it and after I read Poppy's post..I thought, I'm losing my mind - I don't see any such thing!..haha I see it now and other cool stuff.. :sungum:

I really love this community..:)