Jump to content
mac

Can you clue me up?

Recommended Posts

mac

I've asked the following, or similar, questions elsewhere. For Tarot practitioners particularly, what is your own response to what I've written below, please?

 

I think I'm moderately knowledgeable about life, death and afterlife issues and how they relate to the spiritual/psychic scene. Is Tarot linked to any of them and if so, how? What can be expected from Tarot and how might it be used?

Edited by mac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Olivia

That sounds like a college exam question!  Please answer in a 5,000 word essay explaining how you came by your reasoning.

 

I don;t think tarot is linked,it does have a dark reputation and lots of people misuse it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mac

That sounds like a college exam question!  Please answer in a 5,000 word essay explaining how you came by your reasoning.

 

I don;t think tarot is linked,it does have a dark reputation and lots of people misuse it though.

I deliberately made my questions simple, hoping that answers would be equally simple -  hardly asking for a 5000 word essay with an explanation!

 

You've now introduced two aspects, one you call 'dark reputation' and the other 'misuse'.  I didn't ask about either but they've piqued my interest.  Would you please enlarge on what you wrote?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pjt_ldn
Hello,
The Tarot is linked to all of them, as it is a mirror of our journey on all of the planes, outside of time. It can therefore tell you about both this live, as well as your past lives and afterlife. It is a truly unique and insightful tool.
There is also nothing 'dark' about it, as it is only a reflection. it does not pass judgement :)

best,

P.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moongold

Tarot has taken on different structures purposes over the centuries.  It is thought to have started as a game in the 16th century.  I believe the game 'tarocci' is still played in Europe.

 

It's impossible to give a history, and an interpretation of that history here, but I believe it is the symbolic language of tarot that led to its use in magic and in esoteric arts.  Later that same language became of interest to the psychoanalytic schools of thought.  People take from whatever tradition appeals to them.  There is no absolute truth in tarot.  It is just a tool, but to know something of the structure and traditions helps.

 

Incidentally, there are different types of tarot but they all use symbolic language of some kind.  

Human beings love symbols, and I think that Spirit speaks to us in symbols because it is so natural to human communication.

People use tarot  in  different ways and for different purposes.  It is a very individual choice.

When I am tired, and sometimes just as a matter of course, I ask Spirit to speak to me through the cards.  It's a very person thing.  Sometimes the images may reveal things I did not know.  Sometimes they confirm things I know.

Really, the cards are just pieces of paper with images.  The images or symbols most often reflect our own spiritual knowledge, or they can be used as a medium  for the individual to communicate with his/her own guides.

This is just my opinion and experience.  Hope it helps.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crystal Wolf

Hey Moongold, which decks do you use and like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moongold

Hi Crystal Tarot,

 

I confess that I now use Tarot mainly via iPhone apps.  I have about 30 actual decks now but rarely use the actual cards now,  though for about ten years I did.  I had a huge clean out a couple of years ago and gave away about 30 decks.

 

I loved Tarot of the Secret Forest, the Hudes and The Shining Tribe - though I've used other decks quite a lot, including Marseille type.  Also Tarot of the Crone.  I still have these in card form plus others.  I learned on the Morgan Greer and a version of the RWS.  I do have the RWS too.

 

On the iPhone, I use Tarot of the Crone, Mystical Cats, the Mythic, Tarot of Trees, Osho Zen.  

 

Tarot of the Crone is like an oracle to me, as is the Osho Zen.  I love the art in the Osho Zen.  Ma Deva Padma, the artist, now lives in Australia.

I saw some discussion about tarot and oracle cards.  I actually do see tarot as an oracle, but with its own structure and traditions but I don't think that really matters very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crystal Wolf

I only used my Tarot of the Crone yesterday!! I have not ventured into apps, Iwrote one but don't use it myself, I am a physical card reader old fashioned lol.

 

You name some stunning decks. Do you use the apps for yourself or for others?

 

Don't they give the reading so it is the app rather than you doing the reading?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moongold

 

Don't they give the reading so it is the app rather than you doing the reading?

 

.Hi Crystal Tarot -

 

I only read for myself now, but only because I'm not in much contact with other tarot readers.  I don't read commercially.
 

I edited your comment so that it reads more clearly. :)

 

The apps give interpretations and sometimes, as in Tarot of the Crone, I do take the written interpretations seriously.  Ellen Lorenzi Prince is a genuine mystic and the Crone is her journey.  Her words are written in a way which invites this serious consideration.  After using the Crone for a while you know the deck so well that you make more informal and personal meaning from the images.  It's like going on  a familiar journey,  but noticing things are important especially to you.

Ellen is a genuine Crone.  The experience and the art are hers and I feel that she takes me, as a novice, with her pointing things out along the way. Her tarot is deeply original.

The Osho Zen is also highly original but the art lends itself  more easily to immediate   interpretation.  The artist,  Ma Deva Padma uses familiar natural  images and symbols.  It is still important to know the structure of the deck because it is quite different from standard RWS and clones.

 

I have always read what some people call 'book meanings' if they are written by the creator because that is a natural courtesy and I learn something of the spirit and knowledge behind the deck.  I don't always  use those book meanings literally when I use the deck for myself, however.

 

The Hudes Tarot  is a little different because the artist didn't write a companion book.  Amy Samul, who used the Hudes to help her recover from ovarian cancer, wrote a companion book and I took her text as a genuine oracle when first using the deck.  I still do because  her meanings are so beautiful and appropriate.  The Hudes is not available as an app.

Hope this explanation makes things a little clearer.  When using tarot for myself, I ask Spirit to speak to me through the symbolic language of the cards.

I see tarot as a tool which everyone can use differently, for their own purposes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crystal Wolf

Yes, we don't see tarot as the same thing. I am a self-professed Waite-Smith  tarot snob, I think that between myself and WolfSong we have most decks, we both stopped counting at 100 and still keep buying and exploring but we have slowed down, well we are supposed to have lol.

 

Many people miss what I see as the true meaning of the Tarot, the learning curve and the development,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moongold
I wonder if our differences are so deep?

I learned on RWS clones in a practice environment. I learned through doing many readings in another forum many years ago.

I returned to the original RWS and found out as I could about Waite and PCS.

But I really enjoy the variety in tarot. The art in some decks pricks intuition or speaks in some other way but I rarely buy these days.

I think it is really important to learn the traditions and structure of tarot and to learn to trust that and their own insight, knowledge and intuition. And to practice, practice, practice.

I'd really like to know what you see as the true meaning of tarot, the learning curve and the development.

To set up and maintain a forum like this says a lot about your commitment and passion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mac

I'd all but given up on this old thread, with just two transient responders giving their not-very-illuminating or helpful views.  But resurrection took place and I'm following with interest your discussion.

 

I have little interest in the history of Tarot but I am interested in how it works, what its potential value might be.  Tarot is being discussed elsewhere too and I'm hoping a composite picture will emerge from the two threads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crystal Wolf

Mac,

 

I can't remember , do you have a tarot deck?

 

If you do then we could try some experiments in our Laboratory and see if we can prove/figure out things? I like to work out tests and ways of seeing if there is an element of reader fixing lol. It is fun.

 

If you don't do you have a pack of cards, or would you consider buying a Rider Waite Smith deck, or perhaps I could send you one of mine?

 

 

MoonGold, we probably know each other several times over in other forums, were you ever a member of TABI? Also would you enjoy joining in with a few tarot experiments perhaps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moongold

 

Moongold, we probably know each other several times over in other forums, were you ever a member of TABI? Also would you enjoy joining in with a few tarot experiments perhaps?

  I was a member of TABI for a year,  but an irregular participator.  My subscription ran out.  It was a few years ago now.

I'd love to participate in a few experiments or even do a few readings, though it has been quite a while since I've read for others.  I don't claim to be a super reader :)

 

Incidentally, I did purchase a new deck a few weeks ago -  The Nature Spirit Tarot  by Jean Marie Herzel.  Haven't yet opened it but, as I've been woken up tonight by noisy neighbours, I might look at it later   :)

Edited by Moongold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mac

Mac,

 

I can't remember , do you have a tarot deck?

 

If you do then we could try some experiments in our Laboratory and see if we can prove/figure out things? I like to work out tests and ways of seeing if there is an element of reader fixing lol. It is fun.

 

If you don't do you have a pack of cards, or would you consider buying a Rider Waite Smith deck, or perhaps I could send you one of mine?

 

 

MoonGold, we probably know each other several times over in other forums, were you ever a member of TABI? Also would you enjoy joining in with a few tarot experiments perhaps?

No I don't have a deck but, yes, you could send me some or I could buy some - I'd be happy to experiment.  Always willing to try to learn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowSphere9
On 2/2/2015 at 8:41 AM, mac said:

I've asked the following, or similar, questions elsewhere. For Tarot practitioners particularly, what is your own response to what I've written below, please?

 

I think I'm moderately knowledgeable about life, death and afterlife issues and how they relate to the spiritual/psychic scene. Is Tarot linked to any of them and if so, how? What can be expected from Tarot and how might it be used?

Imho yes, I have worked my decks in gaining insight into past lives. The tarot cards vibrate to astrology, numerology and you can use tarot or Oracle cards like a natal chart. Laying the cards like for the first house all the way to 12 house, the insights are very interesting. A person can have a long conversation with their deck by asking them a question, then keeping the same question format of the first question you can ask the deck to explain more or pose another question that relates to the first question. There are many possibilities in using tarot and mixing other decks so you have Oracle with tarot as one deck to use, I have my animal deck, my Moon deck and my astrology deck all being used as one deck so 3 different decks used as one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mac
13 hours ago, ShadowSphere9 said:

Imho yes, I have worked my decks in gaining insight into past lives. The tarot cards vibrate to astrology, numerology and you can use tarot or Oracle cards like a natal chart. Laying the cards like for the first house all the way to 12 house, the insights are very interesting. A person can have a long conversation with their deck by asking them a question, then keeping the same question format of the first question you can ask the deck to explain more or pose another question that relates to the first question. There are many possibilities in using tarot and mixing other decks so you have Oracle with tarot as one deck to use, I have my animal deck, my Moon deck and my astrology deck all being used as one deck so 3 different decks used as one.

What I asked is as follows: " I think I'm moderately knowledgeable about life, death and afterlife issues and how they relate to the spiritual/psychic scene. Is Tarot linked to any of them and if so, how? What can be expected from Tarot and how might it be used?"

 

In the scenario above isn't it the intuition or psychic ability of the practitioner that yields the outcome in the speciality of past life study?  The practitioner rather than cards?

 

And more importantly to my understanding is whether Tarot relates to the other matters I asked about.

Edited by mac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowSphere9

Yes tarot can by the way the cards appear in a layout........only certain cards (4 cards relate to this) when they appear will indicate death. If a person is doing past life the appearance of cards will indicate certain locations.......appearance of a person ......what they are feeling etc. A person can link by using cards to spirits (afterlife)  once again the cards being shown will indicate things.  The reader will view the cards and  by what the cards show will be given info.

There are seasons shown pents are winter......cups is summer....swords are autumn.....wands are spring.

 Each card has an energy the Fool card has energy of Uranus....Magician card energy is Mercury for an example.

Tarot relates to life by the appearance of cards in the question being asked of the cards. If a person needs to move on, leave a situation,  the 6th of swords would appear. This card has a pic of a person in a boat leaving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mac
20 minutes ago, ShadowSphere9 said:

Yes tarot can by the way the cards appear in a layout........only certain cards (4 cards relate to this) when they appear will indicate death. If a person is doing past life the appearance of cards will indicate certain locations.......appearance of a person ......what they are feeling etc. A person can link by using cards to spirits (afterlife)  once again the cards being shown will indicate things.  The reader will view the cards and  by what the cards show will be given info.

There are seasons shown pents are winter......cups is summer....swords are autumn.....wands are spring.

 Each card has an energy the Fool card has energy of Uranus....Magician card energy is Mercury for an example.

Tarot relates to life by the appearance of cards in the question being asked of the cards. If a person needs to move on, leave a situation,  the 6th of swords would appear. This card has a pic of a person in a boat leaving.

I must be failing to explain myself.  :poster_oops:

 

I wasn't in any way asking if Tarot can predict death but even if a practitioner felt it could I'm sure you would agree it would be wholly irresponsible to convey that.

 

You suggest that cards can be used when linking to discarnates - 'spirits' - but interpretation of the cards on view appears to be that of the practitioner, a psychic / intuitive / counseling attribute rather than a spiritual communication.   To me it appears the cards provide focus for the practitioner's psychic attributes and her interpretation of what she is picking up psychically.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

 

I'm sorry if it's something you're not used to being asked about but you're not the first practitioner I've asked such questions of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowSphere9

To me, the cards do have a spiritual communication, the universal energy comes through the cards just like the stars speak via aspects among other abilities. You mentioned, the cards  are a focus for a reader, yeah some use cards for that, however a reader will work with their cards as they see them as an energy being, not to be used just to focus. You have your way of viewing things, no problem, enjoy your day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mac
5 minutes ago, ShadowSphere9 said:

To me, the cards do have a spiritual communication, the universal energy comes through the cards just like the stars speak via aspects among other abilities. You mentioned, the cards  are a focus for a reader, yeah some use cards for that, however a reader will work with their cards as they see them as an energy being, not to be used just to focus. You have your way of viewing things, no problem, enjoy your day.

 

It comes down to one's understanding about what the words 'spiritual' and 'psychic' mean.  It's why I ask the questions I do to try to get a better fix on who means what.  :nod:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowSphere9

It's an individual preference/view and I like to work out side the box. Explore the tarot and oracle cards and see how you sense the frequencies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mac
14 minutes ago, ShadowSphere9 said:

It's an individual preference/view and I like to work out side the box. Explore the tarot and oracle cards and see how you sense the frequencies.

 

I don't know what working inside the box would be by comparison...... 

 

As for exploring Tarot I much prefer to learn from those experienced and skilled in their use.  I'm not a sensitive and doubt I'd anyway have what's needed to "sense the frequencies' but in fairness I haven't actually tried and I might be wrong. 

 

I suppose what I really need is an incentive to spend time working at Tarot.  Do feet-of-clay Taureans ever

'make the grade'?  ;)

Edited by mac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowSphere9
6 hours ago, mac said:

 

I don't know what working inside the box would be by comparison...... 

 

As for exploring Tarot I much prefer to learn from those experienced and skilled in their use.  I'm not a sensitive and doubt I'd anyway have what's needed to "sense the frequencies' but in fairness I haven't actually tried and I might be wrong. 

 

I suppose what I really need is an incentive to spend time working at Tarot.  Do feet-of-clay Taureans ever

'make the grade'?  ;)

Mars Calling Earth, lol.........depending on the individual Taurean and where their planets are located. Exploring can open up new points of interest. I always think of Stephen Hawking who soared among the stars in the Universe when I phrase, outside the box thinking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mac
1 hour ago, ShadowSphere9 said:

Mars Calling Earth, lol.........depending on the individual Taurean and where their planets are located. Exploring can open up new points of interest. I always think of Stephen Hawking who soared among the stars in the Universe when I phrase, outside the box thinking. 

I'm none the wiser but maybe that was your intention...  :lol:;)

 

Elsewhere I've been lightly the discussing Tarot with a friend as coincidentally (?) she has just posted a largish piece on one of her websites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...