Sign in to follow this  
Tomato

Angels vs Demons

Tomato
How does one distinguish between the two?

Crystal Wolf

I don't believe in demons, I think they are a product of man's imagination.

Angels of course are subtley different. I meet many human angels everyday, people that altruistic and kindness seem to be second nature, or perhaps that should be first?

Tomato
I meant angels as in spiritual beings like spirit guides and spirits of deceased loved ones etc.

Of course, there are angels personified by many beautiful people through their deeds. (Warms my heart)

Any thoughts on this?
I will stop if provoking thought on this becomes contentious or uncomfortable for people. *smile*

WolfSong

You could try the search facility at the top right hand side of the forum to see what has already been posted about them. 

Here are just a couple to start with :)

Guides? Whys and wherefores?

Spirit Guides?

Tomato
Hi wolf, I had read it.

Can anybody explain how one discriminates between a 'spirit guide' and a 'demon'.

Has anyone tested their 'guides'...??

Crystal Wolf

I personally don't believe in demons, and for the most part I feel that spirit guides are resonance of energy memories, there is a lingering sense and the human mind is part of the collective unconsciousness and that can be partitioned into thinking an individual part is a spirit guide. So no. lol. :)

poppy

I once believed in spirit guides but have come to the conclusion that they were my subconscious mind instead. I believe that demons are probably often from the subconscious mind. 

Crystal Wolf

Yes and it's the ability to change and choose not tto think or believe bad things, especially as sometimes I think it is just an excuse?

Tomato
Poppy, very interesting.
Crystal, collective mind. LOL. *wink*

--
Never come across spirits?

poppy

I definitely believe that the mind extends beyond the body. This creates the possibility of minds collecting into a mind much more powerful than the sum of its individual sources. 

Tomato
What gave you this belief, poppy?
Can something like that be openly talked about?

Do you connect with multitude of minds as a collective?

poppy

I've had past experiences during group meditations leading me to the conclusion that minds extend beyond the body . This was an experiment on a now defunct web site several years ago. 

The experiment ran for several months with a widely scattered group. I truly believe that our minds did interact over large distances at that time. This can be openly talked about; however 

it is not my purpose to convince you nor anyone else of any aspect of the metaphysical. 

Tomato

I've had past experiences during group meditations leading me to the conclusion that minds extend beyond the body . This was an experiment on a now defunct web site several years ago. 
The experiment ran for several months with a widely scattered group. I truly believe that our minds did interact over large distances at that time. This can be openly talked about; however 
it is not my purpose to convince you nor anyone else of any aspect of the metaphysical. 

Let's discuss it.
I am aware that spirits are connected to one another, and those in communication with the 'spirits' (whether it be in form of spirit guides, angels, deceased loved ones etc) may SEEM like they are connected to others.

This is my understanding.

I mean... What really 'qualifies' one's mind to be inducted to join the 'multitude'?

Let's say, for the sake giving an example, that over 10% of the world's population is 'evolved' enough to be 'connected' as a 'multitude'...

Why would the rest of the 90% of the population be excluded?

Crystal Wolf

No-one is excluded. Every single molecule of my physical body touches another and another and another a zillion times until , guess what? ne of those will touch one of yours. THAT is the connection, feel, it use it and ooooh no tickling!

Telepath John

Hello,

I once spoke with a person who did a lot in the way of guided meditations. Her ability to sense the thoughts/concerns of those in her group was exceptional. My understanding is that it is not so much the minds interacting over large distances as much as it is a telepathic shared experience. What we do as humans is recognize our experiences and reflect upon them in the logical or intellectual brain. Which is why we tend to think of telepathy as a brain to brain connection. The empathic person will physically experience a shared experience without conceptualizing it. Yet the knowing is just as real for them.

In my view, group meditations collect the individual experiences and present the group with a composite experience of their respective experiences. An excellent example of shared experiences. By the way, an angry mob would also reflect the same sort of composite, however in that case the energies would be what we consider unbalanced.

Now that experience where you know every single molecule of your body touches another is quite an accurate description for how our DNAs field of awareness reaches out beyond the body. The term merkabah has been used to describe this field. Those who do out of body experience will travel in their merkabah as I understand it. Now if it is true that our souls are in harmony with all that is, then these concepts may help explain how that could take place.

John

poppy

Telepath John, I certainly see your point and agree that a telepathic shared experience was possibly or probably a big part of the group meditation. Isn't any thought or knowledge that we share with another over a distance, regardless how large or small, telepathy? But this telepathic sharing probably was a learned trait of the individuals during the meditations as it took a month or so for it to begin development. 

It seems that you use mind and brain as nearly the same where I believe that they are very different. The brain seems to be a tangible while I believe the mind to be an intangible more closely resembling energy. Our meditations seemed more to allow us to view one another's individual conditions and thoughts rather than creating a composite experience.

It seems that our views are very similar only from a slightly different perspective. 

Telepath John

It seems that you use mind and brain as nearly the same where I believe that they are very different. The brain seems to be a tangible while I believe the mind to be an intangible more closely resembling energy. Our meditations seemed more to allow us to view one another's individual conditions and thoughts rather than creating a composite experience.

It seems that our views are very similar only from a slightly different perspective. 

Hi,

Well I do advocate working with both the brain and the mind. In my view, the mind includes all that we are. It is our field of awareness. The brain has two lobes. The left which is essentially logical and the right which can be described as intuitive. I agree that the mind is intangible in that it uses all our multidimensional aspect of self. I like to encourage building a bridge between the mind and the brain so that the brain can evolve itself. Meditations are a wonderful way to exercise that process. That bridge itself would be our intuitive brain, as I see these things.

It would be nice to meet up with you some time. I had a good friend who died last year at the age of 71. Most of my best friends are internet only relationships. I can converse on a wide range of subjects. I am not limited to spiritual subjects. I also enjoy diverse points of view. They tend to expand me in useful ways.

John

poppy

I go through Lowell often. I sent you a PM. It shows up at the top of the page to the left of your screen name. Just click on the envelop icon to read it. 

matcha

It is my experience that when Spirit takes on a negative form, it is to unravel your judgements of good and bad. Often they portray the aspects of yourself you deny. So that you can do some shadow work.

Shadow work is when we find the parts of ourselves we hide, and do not value. For example a person might hide their Manipulative side. They if they talk to this side, they will understand it. See that it too has value. Each human is the full range of human aspects, from the Good to what we label as Bad.

If you look deeply you will see these 'Demons' are not evil. Nothing in the Spirit world wants to hurt you. They might lead you astray, if they feel that is best for your personal growth. They might tell you things that are not true. Yet, they are not doing it in malice, but in Love.

Dealing with 'Demons' is humanities' way of doing Shadow work without knowing it. The aspect of themselves they denied takes form, and talks to them. They can appear scary, because getting past Fear is an important part of growth.

For some people, I think, there is supposed to be a gray area between Spirit Guide, and Trickster, where they are not sure which it is. This will continue until you realize the Divine nature of the Universe. Be it Spirit Guide or a Trickster... you are safe due to God's Love, which is what rules everything. It is the very essence of everything.

You just need to remind the 'Demons' of their Divine Nature. They cannot hurt you, you are protected beyond what you realize. Mentally send them back to Heaven, and discover the Good in them.

A good book on Shadow work is, "Dark Side of the Light Chasers."