Welcome To Soul-Development! An online community that cares and shares with thoughtfulness and kindness.
Sign in to follow this  
pjt_ldn

Visconti Sforza deck

pjt_ldn
i just bought a German Visconti Sforza deck, printed in 1971. I think it is beautiful.
I intended to use it for self-readings only. however, I am still learning to use the RWS deck. Studying the VS deck more closely, I doubt that it can give as in-depth and detailed readings as the RWS. it is so different; and it also seems incomplete next to RWS...
Does anyone on here use the VS as their main deck? How does it work for you?
Thank you,
P.

Crystal Wolf

i just bought a German Visconti Sforza deck, printed in 1971. I think it is beautiful.
I intended to use it for self-readings only. however, I am still learning to use the RWS deck. Studying the VS deck more closely, I doubt that it can give as in-depth and detailed readings as the RWS. it is so different; and it also seems incomplete next to RWS...
Does anyone on here use the VS as their main deck? How does it work for you?
Thank you,
P.

I love this deck, but I don't use it as much as I should. It all depends on who I am reading for. Which version did you get? Are your cards longer and thinner than usual?

But the deck isn't incomplete asuch, it has pips for the minor arcanas, so no pictures and that makes the minors rather tricky to read easily.  What made you buy it? 

Which are your favourites cards in the deck?

Did you look at our section on Self Reading here http://www.soul-development.com/forum/index.php?showforum=307

pjt_ldn

Once I saw them for the first time, I was sure I have to have them... There is something about the older they are...the closer to the source they are... the more magical they seem...cannot help it :) 

Yes, the cards are the Longobordica version, which are bigger than RWS. Not that handy, but might require even more thought and effort :)

I was wondering whether the RWS is supposed to present more visually the card meaning for all the earlier decks? Would I still be reading the same meanings with the Visconti Sforza deck?

I mostly enjoy any court cards in this deck. They seem like portraits of really people (which they were :)

Crystal Wolf

Ah Ha, the moment of the RWS dawns. Have you looked at Pamela Colman Smith, the artist of the RWS deck? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pamela_Colman_Smith

Oh, and many people believe that the Tarot evolved from Egypt....