Welcome To Soul-Development! An online community that cares and shares with thoughtfulness and kindness.
Wjmarty

Missed a card

Wjmarty
I picked a card for myself, from my deck of Thoth cards, for the first time today, the question was "a card for guidance for today" ... I left a card in the packet (ace of discs).

Does this invalidate the card I selected?
Did I miss this card out for a reason?
Or am I just a numpty for not checking the box before shuffling?

Crystal Wolf

1) Go with your gut, 

2) Yes

3) Definitely numpty

You didn't have the full deck but was there a reason, possibly, but also possibly you are menat to notice the Ace as well? What was the other card and how did it relate to your day.

Also,review thistomorrow and have another think so you can know for the future :)

Let me know, I would be interested.

Wjmarty
Card I picked was queen of cups.

Today was pretty standard....
Work
Fixed some broken data, realised I had my calculations wrong, re-did the calculations. Phone call from the Mrs, kids lost locker key, I knew where it was.
Dinner. Slobbing in front of telly.

Not quite sure how the cards & day relate - as this is my first draw I was going to keep a diary and see how I work with the cards.

Crystal Wolf

Well look at it like this Major Arcana are what you feel, Courts are people that will affect you and minor arcana are events that may be noted, watched for etc.

Wjmarty
Hmm... still not sure what to make of the cards. I have so much to learn.

Crystal Wolf

Hmm... still not sure what to make of the cards. I have so much to learn.

we are all learning all the time, each new deck I get I learn more.

LuvWisdom
The Tarot is one of the best self help books created, if I am to offer my humble opinion on this subject. These cards were designed for more than just divination.

What I tell many of my personal students outside this forum, is,if you really want to learn and understand this art, use it to understand your self, because you will be suprised what areas of understanding your mind will expand to.

Reading for you self is a good way to remember the text book definitions, but it's limited when you are looking to expand your consciousness in this subject. Tarot wisdom is very powerful, and not what most people believe it to be.

Dont be discouraged, because as you study and choose to learn, the information Will find its way to you in time.