Welcome To Soul-Development! An online community that cares and shares with thoughtfulness and kindness.
Sign in to follow this  
TaroHeart

RW redressed?

TaroHeart

I have been working on a Tarot collaboration group to do with the use of Gay Gender Archetypes at the moment its a small group of us trying to recreate the RW by recreating the gender and the clothing used for each of the characters in the deck, i have often thought that the Fool's journey was often to do with adventuring freely and expressing ones self to be different and open to others, but to me the Fool's clothing seemed at times quite feminine so the group had changed the Fools clothing to match its personality?

Also the group had looked at the Emperor's personality and his stern expression used some thought that redressing the masculinity of the Emperor might change how many viewed him has lord and master, but what if we had him wearing bondage leathers and a cap surrounded by whips? although gender can be used to express one's opinion on how we may look to people does this really tell us the real nature of our personalities?

There are so many ways to use clothing to match our personalities or even our sexuality? the group wanted to experiment with how each character would look by redressing each of its characteristics by redressing them in opposite clothing, with the Devil the main characters are chained nakedly to their desires by the devil who looks quite naked himself? we had redressed each character by adding materialistic clothing to the woman and man, and by putting the Devil in a suit smoking a cigar it now changes how we see these archetypal characters?

Here are some more cards that we have done below, we wanted some more ideas on what types of clothing could be used or how you think the gender of each of the characters could be changed?

Thanks  ;)

Edited by Crystal Tarot
removed pic at request of poster

Crystal Wolf

hi,I was interested to see these changes, there are several different types of LGBT versions, but back in 1909 when the deck was being created of course these types of sexual and gender preferences were against the law and prohibited.

Have you looked at any of the Gay tarots?

I have removed the pic but think the post should stay please? we can still discuss this very important aspect ?

TaroHeart

Hi Cystal,

Ive just had notification that i can use the images but these will be smaller in size i will up-load them shortly, glad you like the topic i'm looking forward to everyone's replies. :)

TaroHeart

hi,I was interested to see these changes, there are several different types of LGBT versions, but back in 1909 when the deck was being created of course these types of sexual and gender preferences were against the law and prohibited.

Have you looked at any of the Gay tarots?

I have seen a number of mixed gender type Tarot decks  i think whats interesting in these modern times we can be more free with our sexuality? there are a;lot of cards in the Rider Waite that i think Pamela wanted to go much further with using more flamboyant use of clothing as she was among theatrical actors in her time, i find that the Fool in the RW looks quite feminine in some way and i have often had this card indicating bi sexuality?

Edited by TaroHeart