Welcome To Soul-Development! An online community that cares and shares with thoughtfulness and kindness.
Sign in to follow this  
Bellesprit

Joie de Vivre deck

Bellesprit
Hi,

I'm new to using tarot cards but bought a deck a little while ago because I felt drawn to having it and it's unfortunately just sat around doing nothing! So I've decided to pull it out and learn how to use it. It is the Joie de Vivre tarot by Paulina Cassidy. I just wanted to know if anyone else has used this deck and how they found it?

I also have a set of oracle cards: Magical Unicorns by Doreen Virtue. I know they are different to tarot cards but have found it gives me sound answers when I have asked for guidance. Does anyone use these too? Can I somehow use both the tarot and oracle together to compliment each other when looking for guidance or am I best to stick to just one?

Crystal Wolf

Hi,

I'm new to using tarot cards but bought a deck a little while ago because I felt drawn to having it and it's unfortunately just sat around doing nothing! So I've decided to pull it out and learn how to use it. It is the Joie de Vivre tarot by Paulina Cassidy. I just wanted to know if anyone else has used this deck and how they found it?

Hi, I don't use this deck, it's not a good deck for beginners and it has a lot of the artists personality that for me clouds the easy interpretation of the cards. It's not a deck one can just pick up and use, it need a lot of work to become fluent witht the cards and not be confused.

What are you planning on using the deck for?

I also have a set of oracle cards: Magical Unicorns by Doreen Virtue. I know they are different to tarot cards but have found it gives me sound answers when I have asked for guidance. Does anyone use these too? Can I somehow use both the tarot and oracle together to compliment each other when looking for guidance or am I best to stick to just one?

This is a lovely deck very suitable for children and those young at heart that want a fun and gentle reading. The little phrases make it easy to read and use. For instance 'Practice - the best way to be good at a skill is practicce practice practice until you get it right' in many ways that could apply to reading cards.

You can use both decks, quite a few readers I know use tarot for the main reading, a question a spread, then they pull a few oracle cards either before or after the reading to give a clarity message and lighten the mood.

Have you ever looked at the Rider Waite deck and seen what the original cards were like?

Bellesprit
Thank you :) I had a feeling it wasn't a 'beginners' deck. I was attracted to the deck because of the artwork and wasn't even into -or wanting to get into using tarot cards, which I think is why I left them sitting around collecting dust for a while. With a lot of changes taking place and being planned this year I was hoping to use the deck for some guidance. I have a lot of options and pathways I could take this year and am not sure where to start with some of them.

Crystal Wolf

Thank you :) I had a feeling it wasn't a 'beginners' deck. I was attracted to the deck because of the artwork and wasn't even into -or wanting to get into using tarot cards, which I think is why I left them sitting around collecting dust for a while. With a lot of changes taking place and being planned this year I was hoping to use the deck for some guidance. I have a lot of options and pathways I could take this year and am not sure where to start with some of them.

If you do choose to use this deck then perhaps read the information on how to read for oneself here  http://www.soul-development.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14363

Crystal Wolf

How are you getting on?