Sign in to follow this  
Crystal Wolf

Pagans, Wiccans, Witches?

Crystal Wolf

I was wondering if any of our members had interests and beliefs in these areas and wanted to discuss them and take the board further along this path please?

MiMsy
I would love to hear what practitioners have to say.

Crystal Wolf

Are they practitioners? I suppose they are if they practice their craft?

Also there is a close link to beliefs and spirituality and religion so I wonder if we might explore that a little too?

poppy

I believe that "beliefs and spirituality and religion" are energy and to become activated as energy they must be intelligent energy. With beliefs it seems that we provide the intelligence, yet I believe that with spiritually and religion that the energy itself must have the intelligence incorporated within. Once I read about the concept of "intelligent energy" and accepted it, I had no trouble accepting metaphysical principles. 

Crystal Wolf

wow that's deep Pops!

I think I understand though.

LLyr

Are there any people on here who practice the craft but are not wiccan??

Crystal Wolf

Me  :)but I think everyone already knew that.

Legna

Me  :)but I think everyone already knew that.

Me too occasionally. I wonder if lots of people do without realising it because to practice any of the above, it requires thought, which is an energy. Belief may help bu t I wonder if it is really required,intent might be more powerful. Edited by Legna

LLyr
Belief in the intent and the action of your direction of it is essential in my opinion :)

MiMsy
I think I probably steer toward Wicca but I'm not fond of the idea of ritual.

Crystal Wolf

I think I probably steer toward Wicca but I'm not fond of the idea of ritual.

There are many types of ritual though? Do you always clean your teeth before bed? Do you always wash your hands befre you eat? Spray perfume on when you go out? 

But, the word 'ritual' implies bad things to many people and so I agree. 

Have you heard some things that make you wonder about the rituals that some people use?

MiMsy

There are many types of ritual though? Do you always clean your teeth before bed? Do you always wash your hands befre you eat? Spray perfume on when you go out? 
But, the word 'ritual' implies bad things to many people and so I agree. 
Have you heard some things that make you wonder about the rituals that some people use?

I purchased the big blue book several years ago and felt like the use of an alter and the suggestion that this is the way one should do this didn't sit well with me.
I'm in an odd place religiously but a decent place spiritually if that makes sense.
My reiki master has told me several times that finding a religion that suits my belief system will make me feel better and practice better.

Crystal Wolf

The big blue book, oooh sounds so scary and well it was written by a wiccan/Gardener follower Raymond Buckland?

I agree with your RM in many ways beacuse of the dogma that may result but I cannot see you following anything that does not work or fit for you, perhaps we should make our own online coven with our own guidelines?

Legna
I've always been a bit of a rebel when it comes to following rituals and always do what I feel is right for me.Take spells for example, there is usually a list of ingredients that are needed for individual spells but I would improvise lol and then I didn't even bother doing that, instead relying on intent alone.

MiMsy
I am speaking of Buckland's book.
Religious belief and spiritual belief are two very different things to me.
Legna- it sounds to me as though you working spells through intuition and that's the best way to do it in my mind.
How were the first spells and recipes created but by someone's thoughts about what is right?

Crystal Wolf

Well there is right then there is working. The book gives quite some details about what to do and what not to do and when etc, not for me.

I just am me lol

Chrysalis

Another interesting topic. I'm open to discuss it but think it should be open to include other beliefs and/or practices? I agree that religion and spirituality are two different things. Personally, I like and do whatever works regardless if someone calls it Wicca, Druid, New Age or by any other label but I don't use ritual or ceremony. I just do it as my family crest says..always ready.

Crystal Wolf

Another interesting topic. I'm open to discuss it but think it should be open to include other beliefs and/or practices? I agree that religion and spirituality are two different things. Personally, I like and do whatever works regardless if someone calls it Wicca, Druid, New Age or by any other label but I don't use ritual or ceremony. I just do it as my family crest says..always ready.

I know what you mean, I was just using this thread for witch work really, We can open others?

MiMsy
It would seem many of us may identify in pagan religions but do not wish to fit in to a specific mold.
Voodoo has always fascinated me too.

Crystal Wolf

voodoo,hmm  Live and Let Die springs to mind?

MiMsy

voodoo,hmm  Live and Let Die springs to mind?

I will have to look it up.

LLyr

I think that most practicing Witches would say that they are not strictly Wiccan... Wicca is a religion and a very new one at that and as we all know Witchcraft is much older.

Traditional Witchcraft (Not Wicca) evolved through the practicing Witch doing what was right for them. Each Witch was different, yes, they knew the healing properties of plants etc but that all came from trial and error. Witchcraft is a craft of experimentation with intent handed down through generations, but the "experimenting and doing what felt right" had to start somewhere.

Depending on where the Witches are from, various practices are the norm around the world that may be not the norm is say the UK. Things such as Voodoo.

I recently watched a UFC fight between a relatively new Irish fighter called Connor Mcgregor and a Brazilian fighter who had not lost for 10 years called Jose Aldo. In the build up to this fight the Irish fighter very successfully managed to "get inside the head" of the Brazilan.

He constantly belittled him and ridiculed him. One such tactic was to publicly tear up a photo of the Brazilian fighter, crush it into a ball and eat it or chew it.. all of this in front of huge crowds and tv camera's. Another tactic was to put a photo of the fighter on to a dart board and throw darts at his face... again all in public with millions of viewers.

Now for those of you not familiar with Witchcraft, both of those actions are very strong pieces of Voodoo and the energy from millions of people would have amplified the power of this.

Did the fighter know that he was practicing Witchcraft at that time?? Did it work?? Well you decide... but the Irish man won the fight in about 16 seconds with one punch.

Crystal Wolf

The Rocky films show also very clearly the power of a crowd, When rocky visits Russia at the beginning of the fight they are for the russion by the end they are all screaming for Rocky.

Going back to the beginnings of witchcraft I think that very few people had the power to heal, whether it be by touch or more likely by herbs and poultices etc.

poppy

The Rocky films show also very clearly the power of a crowd, When rocky visits Russia at the beginning of the fight they are for the russion by the end they are all screaming for Rocky.

Going back to the beginnings of witchcraft I think that very few people had the power to heal, whether it be by touch or more likely by herbs and poultices etc.

Here in the US most spiritual healing was kept secret in individual churches, especially after the witch trials. I have been told that my great, great uncle was a healer. In Texas, at least, a healer would try to heal members of their congregation. This was done without charge but the one healed was expected to give a gift of thanks. How novel is that, no healing no payment! 

Crystal Wolf

pretty rare, I think that healing is a big part of witching :)