Welcome To Soul-Development! An online community that cares and shares with thoughtfulness and kindness.
Immyeekimah

Pedulum picked my cards!

Immyeekimah
Hello everyone,

I thought I'd see what some of you thought to something I tried recently. I'm 24 and my whole life I've been drawn to more 'spiritual' things. It's not something I dedicate my time to but every now and again when my life changes slightly I'll get my tarot cards out and ask a couple of questions for guidance.

I don't read up on these things as I just tend to go off what people have told me in the past when we speak about these kind of things. So I have very little knowledge, all I do know however is that I do feel in tune to the spirit world at times.

--- The Background Info ---
Anyway, I've recently met someone who I truly believe is my soulmate. I can tell you the moment I looked at him and just saw, everything. The only this is I'd just come out of a 18 month relationship with someone I'd class as a sociopath and my mind had been very damaged by his actions! I knew this would effect my relationship with my 'soulmate' so tried to slow things down but, as you do, we were so caught up in eachother that we just went with it. 4 months on and we've been having a difficult time. I've felt very insecure with myself and found myself accusing my other half of not being as interested in me as he once was. Within a week of this happening his attitude changed drastically & resulted in him telling me that I need time to find myself again. "I want to fix you but I don't think I'm the one who can." I was torn apart.

---

After deciding to let my emotions settle. I came home one night and found myself talking to my grandma who passed away long long before I was born. I do this often when I'm looking for guidance. I picked up my Crystals, Tarots & a necklace with a ring on it that I use as a pendulum & asked;

I'm looking for guidance, Help me choose the cards, if I need to grieve this breakup and move on, show me. But, I'll do anything I can to get him back, if we have a future together, please show me how I should do.

I felt so connected to what was going on & the pendulum had such a powerful swing, showing me 4 Cards -

Queen of Swords
4 of Swords
8 of Wands
5 of Wands

I was wondering firstly if people would say the pendulum was a good way of choosing your own cards? & secondly how people would read into the cards I pulled? I have my own opinion but was interested in hearing others and I'm still reading from a book I have. Looking forward to hearing you opinions ❤,

Imogen xo

Crystal Wolf

Hello everyone,

I thought I'd see what some of you thought to something I tried recently. I'm 24 and my whole life I've been drawn to more 'spiritual' things. It's not something I dedicate my time to but every now and again when my life changes slightly I'll get my tarot cards out and ask a couple of questions for guidance.

I don't read up on these things as I just tend to go off what people have told me in the past when we speak about these kind of things. So I have very little knowledge, all I do know however is that I do feel in tune to the spirit world at times.

--- The Background Info ---
Anyway, I've recently met someone who I truly believe is my soulmate. I can tell you the moment I looked at him and just saw, everything. The only this is I'd just come out of a 18 month relationship with someone I'd class as a sociopath and my mind had been very damaged by his actions! I knew this would effect my relationship with my 'soulmate' so tried to slow things down but, as you do, we were so caught up in eachother that we just went with it. 4 months on and we've been having a difficult time. I've felt very insecure with myself and found myself accusing my other half of not being as interested in me as he once was. Within a week of this happening his attitude changed drastically & resulted in him telling me that I need time to find myself again. "I want to fix you but I don't think I'm the one who can." I was torn apart.

---

After deciding to let my emotions settle. I came home one night and found myself talking to my grandma who passed away long long before I was born. I do this often when I'm looking for guidance. I picked up my Crystals, Tarots & a necklace with a ring on it that I use as a pendulum & asked;

I'm looking for guidance, Help me choose the cards, if I need to grieve this breakup and move on, show me. But, I'll do anything I can to get him back, if we have a future together, please show me how I should do.

I felt so connected to what was going on & the pendulum had such a powerful swing, showing me 4 Cards -

Queen of Swords
4 of Swords
8 of Wands
5 of Wands

I was wondering firstly if people would say the pendulum was a good way of choosing your own cards? & secondly how people would read into the cards I pulled? I have my own opinion but was interested in hearing others and I'm still reading from a book I have. Looking forward to hearing you opinions ❤,

Imogen xo

Hi Imogen, welcome,

Firstly it is always very difficult to interpret someone else's cards, even more so without knowing the deck or the spread.

But I suspect you already know the meanings

Queen of Swords - a powerful woman, argumentative, spiteful sometimes, brash, abrupt, 
4 of Swords - rest, sleep, take a step back and relax for a while
8 of Wands - pressure, flight, speed in one direction
5 of Wands - fighting, defending, working with a team

I am not against a person using a pendulum to choose cards, but why? Why combine the two why not just ask the pendy questions?

Immyeekimah

Hi Imogen, welcome,

Firstly it is always very difficult to interpret someone else's cards, even more so without knowing the deck or the spread.

But I suspect you already know the meanings

Queen of Swords - a powerful woman, argumentative, spiteful sometimes, brash, abrupt, 
4 of Swords - rest, sleep, take a step back and relax for a while
8 of Wands - pressure, flight, speed in one direction
5 of Wands - fighting, defending, working with a team

I am not against a person using a pendulum to choose cards, but why? Why combine the two why not just ask the pendy questions?

I sometimes doubt my own choices as I think I'm drawn to the ones I want to see! I felt like the pendulum would guide me more. My deck is also a unusual deck to find more info online called The Enchanted Tarot by Amy Zerner, it's very pretty & girly but the book gives examples of meanings instead of words and phrases xx

Crystal Wolf

The thing si it is not up to me to give the reading so I only pointed you in the right direction with the keywords, but realistically the reading is long gone. You should move on by now ?