Sign in to follow this  
Crystal Wolf

Ouija - Mark Twain writes novel after his death

Crystal Wolf

http://fusion.net/story/274974/mark-twains-seance-novel-jap-herron/

"Early rumors of his death may have been grossly exageratted but eventually death did come for Mark Twain. For most authors, that moment—that is, the moment of death—is a natural time to stop writing. But in 1917, seven years after Twain’s demise, reports emerged that he had dictated a new novel, via Ouija board, to a receptive medium.

The novel Jap Herron was published with an introduction by the purported transcriptionist, a journalist and author from St. Louis named Emily Grant Hutchings, about the book’s mystical origins. It came out in the midst of a “spiritualism” craze in the United States; its Bookman's review hich noted that it was “unquestionably in Mark Twain’s style,” was titled “Another ‘Ouija Board’ Book.” Jap Herron wasn’t the first novel dictated from beyond the grave, but it had the highest profile “author,” which considerably raised the stakes.

Just after Hutchings and her publisher got the book to market, Twain’s estate and his publisher sued to stop it, kicking off one of the more unusual intellectual property cases of the 20th century."

Well that is a cool idea, I wonder how long it took letter by letter or if they had words on the planchette too?

Madame Marigold

that would be wild! I wonder if one maybe a smaller version maybe a novelette? could be done by pendulum? hmmmm curious!  :crazy:

Crystal Wolf

if you had words on paper yes I wonder what one might get lol

Madame Marigold

I know right? Maybe have questions like "should it be": mystery, sci-fi, romance, horror, drama, suspence, crime, etc

You know just sets of questions to narrow down what type, how many main characters, maybe even overall persona of them .. break it all down as close as possible to the basic foundation and a idea of direction etc. then as it is written can always go back to pendulum to keep going right?

Crystal Wolf

so no writers block, ever!

So what are you writing now my magickal bunny author?

Madame Marigold
hahahahaha Oh I have got over 102 plot bunnies and have 5? I think at least, with a chapter or 2 already but have just been procrastinating. Also, been (need) to do my MIL recipe box full of recipes sil (who cares) and daughter want them, and my g,g,g? grandfathers medicinal journal needs to be typed up, and I just cant decide! on format etc. ugghhh I have all this stuff in my head but getting it out and into some type of form is where I fail. LOL but I do have a lotta good (I think) LOL plot bunnies... snickers

Crystal Wolf

have you heard of NaNoWriMo?  has that reahed the states or did it come from you? That is brilliant for motivation and there is also a writing camp coming up very soon

Madame Marigold

Oh its here as well and every year I plan on it but something always throws a monkey wrench in my plans. That's where the 5 or 6 I have gotten started came from! snickers....every year I plan on it but have yet to accomplish it.  maybe this next one...

Crystal Wolf

I finshed mine last year,  it was really good

Madame Marigold

Oh? Did you publish it? What was it about? I would love to read it~

Crystal Wolf

I meant the experience was good not the writing lol.  I do have a couple more in the pipeline so will see

Madame Marigold

I think I'm going to re-read thru the ones I have already got so far and if there is no inspiration parks? maybe roll the dice to pick a number off of my list of plots to pick?

I have also been thinking of writing about a few of my waaaayyyy back distant relatives. There is no other members left of these branch's, I have gathered all the info that Ancestry.com, Rootsweb,  etc etc all those sites have on them and there is no one left to fuss about what I write! And there are quite a few tales to tell!  hmmmm

I have also done the Lenormand's "Grand Tableu" on almost all of them which shows quite a bit about them, but just trying to get what I see in me head out and down on paper is not my strong point! That and PICKING!

Edited by Madame Marigold

Crystal Wolf

Thats an interesting way of doing a bit of research, using the Grand Tableaux, good idea

Madame Marigold

nods I also found one lenormand author that has actual descriptions of a person by using the cards! The lenormands really have so many layers to them it is amazing.

Crystal Wolf

yes I am a huge fan, love the Rose and the new Pixie's version :)

Madame Marigold

my newest is the "Under the Roses" Lenormand...

Crystal Wolf

lovely deck :) WolfSong is another fan :)

WolfSong

lovely deck :) WolfSong is another fan :)

Yep & still waiting to learn how to use it :P  :innocent:

LLyr

Yep & still waiting to learn how to use it :P  :innocent:

Hahahaha  :lol2:

jaya

First thing is I am scared of Ouja boards no really I am scared lol (but less scary than some people I know). The second thing is who will do the editing. Editing is such a tedious task and puts ego which I believe is necessary when one is writing or is editing. Ego not in bad sense but sense of self importance beyond a proportion is dangerous I believe.

Poseidon

I imagine it would be a laborious task to dictate a whole book word for word through a quiji board.

So it makes me wonder, was it someone who used the quiji board to request direct access to Mark Twain, or was this an accidental connection, and Mark Twain used the new author to channel his book from the other side?

This is actually quite common for someone to get in contact with the deceased, or some being from another dimension to pass on mystical/spiritual teachings that are written for the coming new age.

Authors such as Jane Roberts, who channeled Seth, and wrote some incredible books on spiritual subjects.

Jach Purcell, who is well known in the USA, he channels Lazaris today, and has ben since 1974, together they have passed down teachings that are incredible for anyone who is looking to expand their consciousness, develop psychic awareness and grasp an in-depth understanding in psychology.

In a previous post I brought up Alice Baily who was a channel was for a Tibetan Master, together they wrote a series of books that are now considered text books of the new Age, and will be of value for any occult student/s for 100’s of years.

Also Helena Blavatsky is a well-known personality who has taken up the task, and was a channel for many teachings that influenced the psychic and new age communities today.   

So I guess my point here is that communication from the other side is very common, and probably has been going on for 100’s and 1000’s of years, all for the sake of humanity’s growth and evolution. From what I have read through the following above, is that these individuals who acted as channels were approached or guided in some odd way to get in contact so they can be the outlets of these teachings of the coming new age, which I find fascinating.

jaya

What you are saying is accessing higher level of consciousness if I am not understanding it wrongly. Everything is energy after all. I don't know whether I am understanding it but trying to understand.

Poseidon

That's exactly what it is, another level of consciousness which is energy.

Edited by Poseidon
Typo

jaya
On ‎29‎-‎04‎-‎2017 at 10:41 PM, Poseidon said:

That's exactly what it is, another level of consciousness which is energy.

But after all we don't know what happens after death. that means I am guiding myself to write and not knowing it. I am confused.:scratchhead:

Poseidon

No, no one can scientifically prove what happens after we leave the physical world, but their are theories, and insites that have been channeled through mediums to write as teachings of what happens after we pass on. On another thread I did make a statement on the process of what happens, but its just a reference, and never scientifically proven, so I just accept it as theory.

But from what I understan in regards to people being contacted from the other side, a tool such a a quiji board can be used as a door way, and after contact is made and communication adjustments established, the quiji board may not necessarily be required to maintain contact with the entity.