Welcome To Soul-Development! An online community that cares and shares with thoughtfulness and kindness.
Sign in to follow this  
Chrysalis

Gilded Tarot

Chrysalis

Hello all.

I'm not sure where to post this but Tarot seems to be the dominant subject for this experience.

I went shopping a few days ago and went into a book store. I wasn't looking for a new Tarot deck, but there it was, the Gilded Tarot. I liked the art work so I bought it. It came as a set...a guide book and the cards. Of course the first thing I do is open the deck and look at the cards. Now I started reading the book and am taking my time with it to let the info sink in.

What follows is a mix of healing, meditation and Tarot. I used my power rod for healing my throat area. As I was doing this, I usually end up meditating while healing. Here's where it got interesting. In meditation I saw an image and heard Fool's Journey. Next, the image was gone and I heard, "You're running out of time." That began a little conversation which now leads to a second card. I expect a similar experience for this card.

I didn't have the book or cards out as I wasn't even intending to consult the cards. It was quite spontaneous.

I'm wondering if anyone has experiences working with the cards in meditation without the intent for insight from any card(s)? I'm debating if I should look through the deck to find which one I'm attracted to or leave it and see what pops up in my next meditation for the second card. I have a feeling this is the beginning of a spread. 

Thank you for sharing.

Crystal Wolf
13 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Hello all.

I'm not sure where to post this but Tarot seems to be the dominant subject for this experience.

I went shopping a few days ago and went into a book store. I wasn't looking for a new Tarot deck, but there it was, the Gilded Tarot. I liked the art work so I bought it. It came as a set...a guide book and the cards. Of course the first thing I do is open the deck and look at the cards. Now I started reading the book and am taking my time with it to let the info sink in.

What follows is a mix of healing, meditation and Tarot. I used my power rod for healing my throat area. As I was doing this, I usually end up meditating while healing. Here's where it got interesting. In meditation I saw an image and heard Fool's Journey. Next, the image was gone and I heard, "You're running out of time." That began a little conversation which now leads to a second card. I expect a similar experience for this card.

I didn't have the book or cards out as I wasn't even intending to consult the cards. It was quite spontaneous.

I'm wondering if anyone has experiences working with the cards in meditation without the intent for insight from any card(s)? I'm debating if I should look through the deck to find which one I'm attracted to or leave it and see what pops up in my next meditation for the second card. I have a feeling this is the beginning of a spread. 

Thank you for sharing.

Oh Chrysalis how exciting, you must join in our new tarot course, it's very laid back and we are all working with new decks?? Whatdyathink? Then you can join your experiences with other new readers?

Chrysalis
13 hours ago, Crystal Tarot said:

Oh Chrysalis how exciting, you must join in our new tarot course, it's very laid back and we are all working with new decks?? Whatdyathink? Then you can join your experiences with other new readers.

I've been really thinking about joining but not sure of my available time as I work in bits and spurts. Time management has become an issue so I'd be working on the cards in a very part time casual basis. Don't  know if that would be suitable or acceptable to the course.

Chrysalis

In one of my meditations the second card showed up, the 3 of Wands.

Now I don't  know much about Tarot but I'm  pretty sure drawing cards in meditation  is not the normal method.

Crystal Wolf
On 22/04/2016 at 0:35 AM, Chrysalis said:

In one of my meditations the second card showed up, the 3 of Wands.

Now I don't  know much about Tarot but I'm  pretty sure drawing cards in meditation  is not the normal method.

I have to ask that when you say you choose the card during meditation how are you doing that? DO you recognise the card or is it the words that you hear/see? What I am trying to figure out is if you are seeing the card or physically picking the card or hearing/seeing the words and have no idea what the card looks like?

3 of Wands in nearly every deck has a figure and 3 wands lol, but it is the gazing the longing for what is so far away ?

Chrysalis

How can I put this? I do nothing physically with the deck or cards. I calm my mind as much as I can. I don't  think about Tarot or anything else in particular.

Both times I saw faint images of the cards but only a part of it. For the 3 of Wands I saw a faint image of the wands flying from left to right. I didn't  hear any words that time. 

So I don't  choose a card then meditate on it. The cards just show up on their own. It's as if my PSG  is choosing the cards and showing it to me.

Crystal Wolf

So the flying wands wasn't the 8 of Wands? How dido you know it was the 3 were there only 3 definitely?

poppy
5 hours ago, Crystal Tarot said:

So the flying wands wasn't the 8 of Wands? How dido you know it was the 3 were there only 3 definitely?

Isn't there a small box at the bottom of the Under the Rose card that tells which playing card it represents?

Crystal Wolf

Yes there is you can see the boxes on the pics I posted :)

Chrysalis
On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at 9:21 AM, Crystal Tarot said:

There were definitely three wands pointing to my right.