Welcome to ☆.¸¸.✫ Soul-Development Forum ✫.¸¸.☆

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Crystal Tarot

Soul-Development   02/12/2017

WELCOME To Soul-Development.com An online community that cares and shares with thoughtfulness and kindness.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crystal Tarot

Under The Roses Lenormand Deck

This deck is all a bout secrets or being 'sub rosa' and hidden.

One of the interesting things is that it has 3 extra cards, The Gentleman, The Lady and The Child with their obvious differences.

Gentleman and Lady.jpg

This option seems to make the deck much more inclusive. 

It is something that I have not come across in tarot...yet,   it is obvious that the designers have thought of the racial permutations but then why put the white gentlemen and lady on the front of the box?? Could have chosen any cards?

Z

Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of advertisers?  there bank account knows. 

Well,I broke down and ordered the "Under the Roses" Lenormand deck from Book Depository, a British company; yet they not only had the cheapest price but also free shipping.

I expect it toward the end of next week and will let you know when I get it.                               

Yes do Pops, I look forward to hearing about your experience and a few readings perhaps even a Lab experiment or two?

Posted (edited)

I ordered this deck today after seeing it being used somewhere...really glad to see a discussion already open on it. I've never used a Lenormand deck or even an oracle deck before. I'm much more used to tarot but these really drew me. It feels like a task learning new spreads and a new reading mind set but I have to say I'm very excited!

Edited by willowgast

4 hours ago, willowgast said:

I ordered this deck today after seeing it being used somewhere...really glad to see a discussion already open on it. I've never used a Lenormand deck or even an oracle deck before. I'm much more used to tarot but these really drew me. It feels like a task learning new spreads and a new reading mind set but I have to say I'm very excited!

Well we did work a lot with this deck. Don't worry you don't need to learn a lot if you use my 'Trigger' learning method :)

Poppyyyyyyy... you there.. look another Roses fan :)

Yay other Roses fans! Would love to chat more about this deck when I have it, I've read great things. The spreads for the Lenormand decks look great, I've tried to read as much as I can about them before I try my first few small spreads with them :)

There are some very good free courses on www.youtube.com. Lenormand is quite different from Tarot. In reality, Lenormand is not a series of decks but rather a system of predicting and reading with cards. The picture on the card should only be used to help you remember which card you have drawn. The definition is the same whether you are using the "Under the Roses", the Celtic" or playing cards. L really liked Lenorman and had a lot of fun. 

3 hours ago, poppy said:

There are some very good free courses on www.youtube.com. Lenormand is quite different from Tarot. In reality, Lenormand is not a series of decks but rather a system of predicting and reading with cards. The picture on the card should only be used to help you remember which card you have drawn. The definition is the same whether you are using the "Under the Roses", the Celtic" or playing cards. L really liked Lenorman and had a lot of fun. 

They certainly do look like fun and I loved the imagery on the UTR deck. I think these could be a lot more focussed for more practical readings as a few people have said in reviews I read. It's nice watching the youtube videos as you suggested as I can get a much better idea of the differences with tarot by seeing readings and spreads in action...really can't wait to start.

I have to say too, the trigger method feels like a natural place to start with a new deck. This is almost actually how I started out with tarot. It's a bit of a story but I was started with intuitive glances at cards rather than reading meanings and I've always been happy to carry on this way!

Well the 'Trigger & Bond Method' of reading that I usually teach is more that you work through each card in order and acknowledge the trigger word. Hmm the full course is around here somewhere, perhaps archived though. But for the Lenormand it is slightly different, .

Intuitive reading is one way, but actually learning and then reading Lenormand or reading the Tarot is another.

When will you get your deck?

3 hours ago, Crystal Tarot said:

Well the 'Trigger & Bond Method' of reading that I usually teach is more that you work through each card in order and acknowledge the trigger word. Hmm the full course is around here somewhere, perhaps archived though. But for the Lenormand it is slightly different, .

Intuitive reading is one way, but actually learning and then reading Lenormand or reading the Tarot is another.

When will you get your deck?

I hope it will arrive very soon but they didn't give a very good idea of date. I did search the forums for the trigger and bond but I couldn't find what I Was looking for, if it's still available I'd love to have a read and try that method before I get the deck.

So I'm very excited this morning!!

:lol: I can't wait to get them open and start my Lenormand journey!

IMG_1142.JPG

ooooooh how exciting :) what do you think so far?

I love it so far, I'm just spending time looking through the book and the cards properly. The images are nice and reflective of the meanings in the book except one, the Clock Tower in my first instinct didn't really marry with the descriptions and keywords in the book. 

When I thought about it though, the image on the card reminded me of a music video where the meaning of the song is reflective of the books keywords, so in a way now that's cemented it in my mind.

I'm going to go straight in and have a go and pairings of cards and see what interesting ideas and flip points come out of it before I try some 3-cards :)

The card stock is beautiful.

I havent got my deck with me today but I know what you mean about the cardstock :)