Welcome To Soul-Development! An online community that cares and shares with thoughtfulness and kindness.
Sign in to follow this  
Crystal Wolf

1 The Rider (Under the Roses Deck)

Crystal Wolf

This is card one The Rider, what do you see in it?

1 The Rider.jpg

poppy

Although it looks like a casual pleasant ride, I understand that the preferred meaning is the delivery of a message. 

Crystal Wolf

I suppose I am clouded by the rider facing the left, the direction of the past, that really affects any message,

poppy

The alternative Rider card in the Celtic Lenormand not only is facing right but is also bent over the horse in a fast gallop. This would satisfy both of us.

I also like the alternative Snake in the "Celtic" as it is shedding it's skin somewhat softening the cards feeling and adding credence to the meaning of flexibility.   

Crystal Wolf

Yes or this one in Pixies Astounding Lenormand?

pixies Rider.jpg

poppy

So many decks with so many small differences. I think that when my "Under the Roses" deck arrives perhaps my first serious reading after learning to use it should be "Which Lenormond deck is best suited foe me. LOL

Crystal Wolf

lol well I love the Celtic one, I haven't got it (yet) lol   it is nice to have a deck that we can all work with though or create our own?

poppy

It is my understanding that which Lenormand deck is used is a lot less important than which Tarot deck is used. 

I'm sure that Ill have a lot of questions when my "Under the Roses" deck gets here. 

poppy
On 4/28/2016 at 7:08 AM, Crystal Tarot said:

I suppose I am clouded by the rider facing the left, the direction of the past, that really affects any message,

In my ignorance of how to read, I somewhat like that the rider is facing the left indicating that a past message, news or person is influencing the present toward an outcome in the future. 

I'll have to see how I feel after learning the Lenormond system. 

Crystal Wolf

First when you get your deck why not see what you think of the cards the way we do with tarot?  And it is not ignorance but perhaps innocence?

poppy
2 hours ago, Crystal Tarot said:

First when you get your deck why not see what you think of the cards the way we do with tarot?  And it is not ignorance but perhaps innocence?

An 80 year old innocent? You've got to be kidding. I always know what my grandson did to get into trouble since "I've been there; done that"!

Crystal Wolf

why not its your first time with Under The Roses?

poppy

I am looking forward to receiving my deck. I got a notice this morning that it left the UK Book Depository so should be here in a week or so. 

I've been taking some of the utube courses from "The Truth in Story" video series. These seem pretty good. They are based on the German Traditional rather than the French Modern definations. 

I understand there are only a few cards which differ and these are shown on the site "https://jaseoncards.wordpress.com/lenormand-card-meanings/". I haven't yet desided which route I will follow.

For now I'm not watching beyond the 9 card spread. It will be nice practicing what I've learned with a deck. 

Crystal Wolf

I read that with interest, I think they are giving names and labels for no real reason? I uses my bonding method that I use with tarot and it works well, the real trick is the GT lol that with a few G&T's lol and it is brilliant fun :)

poppy

So you believe both traditions are equally valid as long as you keep to one are the other?  

Crystal Wolf

Hmmm, well  perhaps we might put that to the test with and experiment when you get your Rosees deck? Oh and my finger hovered over the Celtic deck I so like it .....

poppy

You have more willpower than me. I went to a local occult shop last night just to browse. I was the only customer so the clerk opened one of the Celtic decks to show me. Guess what I am the proud new owner of? It is unbelievably beautiful.

22 hours ago, Crystal Tarot said:

Hmmm, well  perhaps we might put that to the test with and experiment when you get your Rosees deck? Oh and my finger hovered over the Celtic deck I so like it .....

Madame Marigold

Oh I don't have the willpower either.. but have been real good about be careful on ebay! that is my enabler~ :P it is a gorgeous deck though isn't it? Our anniversary is coming up.....hmmmm

;)

Crystal Wolf

I am umming and ahhing I want it but it is £19.99 over here. 

Ebay lol I have bags full of wool that I bid on as it was so cheap and beautiful, I should be banned from ebay lol

poppy
1 hour ago, Crystal Tarot said:

I am umming and ahhing I want it but it is £19.99 over here. 

Ebay lol I have bags full of wool that I bid on as it was so cheap and beautiful, I should be banned from ebay lol

Mine will take the place of at least one lunch and non-alcoholic beer at the pub. 

Crystal Wolf

So we need to make them worth it :)

poppy

I bought the Celtic more for the future; the under the roses deck will be my learning deck since some of the meanings are on each card in pale print. 

I'm really looking forward to learning Lenormand. I think it will resonate with me if this 80 year old brain still has enough brain cells to learn.  

Crystal Wolf

Well learning keeps you young and activates the brain cells so it will be good for all of us :)

poppy

This afternoon my "Under the Roses" deck came. it is a beautiful deck and should be perfect to learn with. Although it slightly leans toward the French Modern, I will continue learning the definitions from my "Celtic" book (German Traditional). Once I become proficient, I will read the same cards for the same question but with both traditions, and see which is more accurate. I believe that after a few tries it should become evident which resonates with me. 

The "Under the Roses" deck seems to be the better deck to learn from as each card has a single, simple theme. Some "Celtic" cards are slightly more complex as they seem to exhibit a secondary theme also which can he used to elaborate on the card. This second level isn't distracting, but looks interesting for later. 

Crystal Wolf
On 07/05/2016 at 3:20 PM, poppy said:

You have more willpower than me. I went to a local occult shop last night just to browse. I was the only customer so the clerk opened one of the Celtic decks to show me. Guess what I am the proud new owner of? It is unbelievably beautiful.

Ha lol that did it unfair!  I pressed that darn button! lol.