Welcome To Soul-Development! An online community that cares and shares with thoughtfulness and kindness.
Sign in to follow this  
missmimsyy

Freezing cards?

missmimsyy

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been around much.

I finally had someone do a card reading for me. I've always been hesitant for whatever reason. In any event, there are a few things I would love to pick your brains about.

My reading was full of Wands. What is the general meaning of them?

I was told to freeze the card I have that was representative of a person causing anxiety in my life. The reader told me to freeze my own, another person I later encountered told me to never freeze a card from my own deck unless it is a self reading. Which is the correct answer?

Thanks!

Crystal Wolf

Hi MissM, Nice to see you :)

Shame you didn't ask for a reading here?

Wands generally they are linked to the element of Fire, they show passion and fiery energies and enthusiasm, they link to work and creative matters. But they can also be dampened by Cups and increased by Swords so it really depends on the reading and the deck, do you know what was used?

And being curious, what kind of reading was it? online, email, in person? Was it free?  etc etc

What on earth do they mean by 'freezing a card'??  Do they mean excluding the card from the reading or are they talking about using the card as a significator of another person and not you?

MiMsy
Hi MissM, Nice to see you

Shame you didn't ask for a reading here?

Wands generally they are linked to the element of Fire, they show passion and fiery energies and enthusiasm, they link to work and creative matters. But they can also be dampened by Cups and increased by Swords so it really depends on the reading and the deck, do you know what was used?

And being curious, what kind of reading was it? online, email, in person? Was it free?  etc etc

What on earth do they mean by 'freezing a card'??  Do they mean excluding the card from the reading or are they talking about using the card as a significator of another person and not you?

It was at the Renaissance Faire that I had it done. It was one of those moment felt right things. It wasn't terribly overpriced in my estimation.

I double checked and it seems I was mistaken, it was Swords that I kept getting. Wands must be on my mind. It was a standard RW deck.

Freezing as in it putting the freezer. It was suggested to freeze the individual the card represented out of my life. It sorta worked, but I'll just do my old stand by of writing their name on a slip of paper and burning it.

WolfSong

That's a new one, putting a card in the freezer, whatever next. 

MiMsy

I gather this is actually ill advised or rather, generally worthless?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crystal Wolf
15 hours ago, WolfSong said:

Cutting it into bits or flushing it down the toilet? What a waste of a card?

Crystal Wolf
15 hours ago, MiMsy said:

It was at the Renaissance Faire that I had it done. It was one of those moment felt right things. It wasn't terribly overpriced in my estimation.

I double checked and it seems I was mistaken, it was Swords that I kept getting. Wands must be on my mind. It was a standard RW deck.

Freezing as in it putting the freezer. It was suggested to freeze the individual the card represented out of my life. It sorta worked, but I'll just do my old stand by of writing their name on a slip of paper and burning it.

Sorry if we seem a bit bemused, it's probably coming across as a bit impolite but we don't mean any disrespect, we are just bemused at what some 'readers' say and do?

Swords is completely different to Wands obviously. But I feel we are being brought in at the middle without all the facts.

WolfSong
18 minutes ago, Crystal Tarot said:

What a waste of a card?

Totally, as well as making the rest of the deck unusable.

WolfSong
16 hours ago, MiMsy said:

I double checked and it seems I was mistaken, it was Swords that I kept getting.

I usually find that a reading consisting of mainly swords indicates that the person the reading is for is too busy analysing & talking about their situation rather than taking action & doing something about it.

MiMsy

Sorry if we seem a bit bemused, it's probably coming across as a bit impolite but we don't mean any disrespect, we are just bemused at what some 'readers' say and do?

Swords is completely different to Wands obviously. But I feel we are being brought in at the middle without all the facts.

Please, I feel no disrespect.
It's my fault for vagueness. It was done back in June and I'm fuzzy on some of the details at this point.

I do remember her bring surprised at me telling her what and who the cards represented. Oops.

MiMsy

I usually find that a reading consisting of mainly swords indicates that the person the reading is for is too busy analysing & talking about their situation rather than taking action & doing something about it.

Story of my life.

LLyr

Yeah the "putting the card that represents a person in a freezer" is a replication of a light wiccan spell "write their name on a piece of paper and put it in the freezer."

Not the best idea at the best of times but putting a Tarot card in the freezer is even worse!! lol It means you cannot use the deck again until you take it back out again.