Welcome To Soul-Development! An online community that cares and shares with thoughtfulness and kindness.
Crystal Wolf

Welcome to New_2_Tarot

Crystal Wolf

Hi,  if you are reading this then you have found the Tarot Club Forum area,

tell us more about your adventure and lets see if we can help you out.

Learning Tarot should be fun and enjoyable and our course shows you how without lots of remembering :)

So if anyone is interested...?

New_2_Tarot

hi!! i found it. i'd like to say it was mystical, but it was the hyperlink you sent me. lol. i am using the rider-waite, but i also have the crowley-thoth. and to say i'm "using" is really big headed. i just cracked it open a few months ago, got way overwhelmed and decided to try it once again (yesterday!). i played around with a 3 card spread and then did a celtic cross just to get an idea about it. i guess my one big question is the tower came up for me (past (3 card spread) and then the tower came up for my wife (present (3 card spread), can the tower be speaking of mindsets that we've held on to as well as literal or material? Thanks!

New_2_Tarot
48 minutes ago, Crystal Tarot said:

Hi,  if you are reading this then you have found the Tarot Club Forum area,

tell us more about your adventure and lets see if we can help you out.

Learning Tarot should be fun and enjoyable and our course shows you how without lots of remembering :)

So if anyone is interested...?

hi again

i'm very interested in learning or participating in anything with tarot that may help my journey.

Crystal Wolf
43 minutes ago, New_2_Tarot said:

hi!! i found it. i'd like to say it was mystical, but it was the hyperlink you sent me. lol. i am using the rider-waite, but i also have the crowley-thoth. and to say i'm "using" is really big headed. i just cracked it open a few months ago, got way overwhelmed and decided to try it once again (yesterday!). i played around with a 3 card spread and then did a celtic cross just to get an idea about it. i guess my one big question is the tower came up for me (past (3 card spread) and then the tower came up for my wife (present (3 card spread), can the tower be speaking of mindsets that we've held on to as well as literal or material? Thanks!

It is lovely to see someone beginning their tarot journey. Here, we are fans of the Rider Waite and the main course is based on that deck but we do wander off into other decks. The Crowly Thoth is a deck with a different background and  set of interpretations, perhaps darker than the RW? The Rider Waite is far easier to read and use and has a lovely energy depending on which exact deck you are using.

So a three card basic past present and future. It is a bit of a blunt instrument to read giving very basic and simple interpretations that can sometimes mean absolutely nothing! Not a spread I recommend as it sometimes leaves more questions than answers!

In the past position The Tower as you can see has lightning and people falling, it is basically about upheaval and bad things or in the past upset and bad memories?

In the present position it slightly changes the timing but the same interpretations but perhaps it is disruption and something that the person is worrying about so rather than it has happened already the situation and feelings may be confused and in a mess. Mindset is possible and material things, so really it is up to the reader and how they feel all 3 cards link together.

Its  a tricky spread.

You really need to define the card positions more, a bit like giving a painting a title. Think of the Mona Lisa and her shy smile. If there is no title we have no idea why she is smiling or if she is smirking unkindly. But, if we gave the painting a title like.. "I just passed my driving test" then it makes it easier to see why she is shyly smiling to herself?

New_2_Tarot

(smirking to myself about the mona lisa reference...nice). thanks for that. it really helps. what spreads do you suggest for a beginner that may not be as blunt as the past, present, future spread? 

im one of those people who has to write everything to get the understanding. its a curse really. lol. so im taking notes, not a long essay type thing, just jotting down the generalization of each of the major arcana and the basic meanings of each suit (not each card in the suit just yet) so that i can read it and get it into my spirit. i read one of your posts from last year about familiarizing yourself with a new deck so again i'm taking just the major arcanas and really looking at them.

i agree that the crowley-thoth is a tad bit darker. lol.. My internal Christian traditions are refusing to let me even consider that deck. lol. maybe one day... but i do feel a connection with my r/w deck and so i'm good to go on that front. 

Thanks!!!

WolfSong

Love the fact that you are so eager & in my humble opinion you've found one of the best, Crystal Tarot, to learn from. :) 

I draw three cards for myself from time to time but rather than give the spread a name I name the card positions like this

1. Where I am now?

2. Where I want to be?

3. How can I get there?

so you could try something similar. 

New_2_Tarot

ooo nice! i will definitely try. thanks wolfsong