Welcome To Soul-Development! An online community that cares and shares with thoughtfulness and kindness.
New_2_Tarot

confusion about a meaning- 4 of pentacles

New_2_Tarot

so i'm here taking the time to go through each card. im trying to guess or feel the meaning then i'm checking two separate references (one is intro to tarot by susan levitt and the other is tarot for beginners by lisa chamberlain).

regarding the 4 of pentacles one book mentions that the card speaks more of greed and fear of financial scarcity and one book mentions stability, confidence and security. it only mentions greed if the card is reversed. My first instinct before checking the books was of security, but greed was the next word that pops in my mind. 

do any of you have an opinion on this? 

Crystal Wolf

Smiling madly here. Stop reading the Books!!  Sit with the card and look at it. What jumps out at you. What do You focus on, what does it make you feel, think, smell, etc. Then put the card face down and take a deep breath in and out for a few times, just slowly with your eyes closed, then pick the card up again. What do you notice now? Anything different?

Hmm I should put this as a tarot exercise, so  others can try it with their decks :)  Hang on whilst I do that....

New_2_Tarot

lol!! its a curse. its like i want affirmation if im close to the generalized meaning. i shall book the books away. it'll probably cause me anxiety out the wazoo though. lol  thanks crystal t!

Poseidon

When I first got into Tarot, I got in the habit of writing down the meaning of each cards verbatim from a reputable book. This was an exercise to help program my subconscious mind. This may be a good exercise if you have the time and energy to put into it. I wont recommend starting with the heavy material, but just a basic Tarot book with clear definitions to each card and their suits. After awhile you will notice a difference in your readings. This is more of a logical approach to learning Tarot, but I would also recommend meditating on the cards to work with your intuition. Shuffle the deck, pull a card, and get a feeling from the archetype and the energy that passes through you. You don't need to ask any questions just blindly select a card and go from there.

New_2_Tarot

Thanks poseidon!!