• Announcements

• Crystal Tarot

Soul-Development   02/12/2017

WELCOME To Soul-Development.com An online community that cares and shares with thoughtfulness and kindness.
Sign in to follow this  
Legna

The Derbyshire Tarot

Legna    1,515
Legna

I've just been introduced to this deck by my daughter. Noriko Okaku, an established animator designed them to go with a film she made about the story of Tarot.

IMG-20170801-WA0001.jpg

HOLMES    9
HOLMES

I take it is in black and white ? could you do 3 upright , (by the way you took the photo,, you would lay the cards sideway 3 cards one above the other) ..

that way we can give the deck a good look . my neck crinks trying to see it. 

it looks like an early 1900s imagery old England like mary poppins style ? 

Legna    1,515
Legna
10 hours ago, WolfSong said:

Managed to find the film to go with the cards.

http://animateprojectsarchive.org/films/by_date/2015/the_interpreter

Thanks Wolfie, you saved me the job,I was going to look fr it and post it. The films a bit too weird for me lol.Not too sure the cards can be classed as true Tarot cards because there are only 22 but the designs are definitely interesting.

10 hours ago, HOLMES said:

I take it is in black and white ? could you do 3 upright , (by the way you took the photo,, you would lay the cards sideway 3 cards one above the other) ..

that way we can give the deck a good look . my neck crinks trying to see it. 

it looks like an early 1900s imagery old England like mary poppins style ? 

Sorry, I meant to rotate the pic before i posted. Yes they are black and white. Thats the attraction for me, I love black and white photos and art work.

My daughter took the photo, because for some reason, my tablet camera would not focus on the cards.

IMG-20170801-WA0001.jpg

WolfSong    1,068
WolfSong
1 hour ago, Legna said:

The films a bit too weird for me lol.

Not my cup of tea either. :) 

Crystal Tarot    2,054
Crystal Tarot

I quite liked it, I actually watched it all the way through and found it fun to follow the Interpreter through his Fool's Journey. I saw the litter, the pollution of the factories and the beauty of some of the buildings and monuments. I think he worked the Majors through very well, only thing I wasn't keen on was The Fool themself, but perhaps there was so mych baggage that I couldn't see through it?

Legna there are many 22 card Tarot decks, Major only cards. I thought I was going to agree with you ( lol I usually do)  but I got a different view, maybe because of my depth of knowledge of these 22 cards? In fact it has inspired me to think about a similar project round here :)

Please thank your daughter for me  xx ( was this the infamous bathroom floor daughter ?? lol)

• Like 1

Legna    1,515
Legna

I didn't know that there were other 22 deck Tarot cards, but then Tarot cards are not my favourite, although I admire and appreciate all the different decks and their beautiful artwork. I've always struggled with Tarot but do seem to get along better with the RW deck you suggested I get a crystal. I don't know why  I struggle ,or am not as fond of Tarot as all the other different card decks available. I was thinking about it the other day, it's as though there is a deep seated fear of them, which is irrational , but it is one of the explanations I've come up with. I think I have a total block when it comes to reading them.And now I am going off track and waffling haha.

Ooh that sounds very interesting Crystal ,a new project. It's just reminded me I started a project a good while ago. I was designing some oracle weather cards but, three grandchildren later and they've all been forgotten, the cards I mean lol. No chance of forgetting the grandkids ,they  are here all the time lol.

Now I'm worried because I can't remember which incident you mean about the bathroom floor. :huh: Mind you both girls get their dizziness from me haha. The graduate is the one who took the photos. I will pass on your thanks xx

Crystal Tarot    2,054
Crystal Tarot

Umm grandchild, hot water towels???

Maybe we should discuss your tarot fears a little more?  I am just an olde fashioned tarot snob lol

Legna    1,515
Legna

Haha oh yes lol. No it wasn't. How could I forget  lol. I was thinking about some escapade that one of them had done and I couldn't remember anything about the bathroom. Hehehe.

I really don't know why I would fear them but, yes maybe a discussion might get to the bottom of it.

• Like 1