• Announcements

• Crystal Wolf

Soul-Development   02/12/2017

WELCOME To Soul-Development.com An online community that cares and shares with thoughtfulness and kindness.
Sign in to follow this  
midnightstar

Tarot question

midnightstar

I gave myself a tarot reading tonight (I asked my tarot deck a question about what Ebony's been through) and the cards it showed me does not really make much sense (I did a 7 card reading to try and get as much information as possible)

Can anyone shed light on what these cards could mean?

The cards were Four of cups,ace of swords, justice,seven of cups, the star, queen of cups then last one was two of swords.

I admit I haven't used tarot cards before so don't have much of a connection with them (I wanted to know what she'd been through and how I could help her, that was the general gist of what I asked)

midnightstar

Also could the reading be affected by the fact I'm not exactly comfortable with the deck I have?

Crystal Wolf

Oh dear, yes, of course it affected the reading, everything affects a reader and the cards. But you haven't used tarot cards before and yet you wanted to explore such a really important question ?

Lets start at the beginning, which deck are you using? And also you say 7 cards, what spread was it? But even that isnt the beginning you have to learn how to read first?

• Thanks 1

midnightstar

It's called The Art of Tarot and it's in a purple box.

The cards are hard to shuffle which does not help.

I posted the cards in the order they came up.

I feel like I need to know what happened to Ebony in order to be able to help her further.

It was the horseshoe shape spread, idk what it's called for real.

I have used oracle cards previously and am comfortable with them.

Edited by midnightstar
  • Thanks 1

Crystal Wolf

I know how much you love your cats and how much they mean to you so its easy to understand what you were trying to do and why you want to know as much as possible. The thing is I am not sure that this is the best way to find out right now until you get a more thorough grounding in readings.

Have you asked Ebony's previous carers, the rescue home or charity? Also I have found that the best way to find out about animals is by watching them and listening to their silent messages.

Of course with a reading you will never get any confirmation if you are right or even on the right track? and that could lead to problems later?

The deck you talk about is a hard deck to read from too, although the Major Arcana is based on the Rider Waite deck the pips are just basic drawings of 4 cups or 2 swords etc and so you have to understand what they signify to be able to read the cards.

I would also change the question to one like "how can I help Ebony now?" or "how can I help Ebony settle down more?" that kind of positive thing?

• Like 1

midnightstar

We asked the rescue when we adopted her and all they could say for sure was she'd been brought in as a stray.

We only found out after adopting her that at some point her ribs got broke and I honestly believe she was abused, due to her behaviour. She is visibly uncomfortable around men and historically she has shown a clear fear of walking sticks and it took a long time for her to learn that cardboard boxes and people walking near her does not mean something bad is going to happen. Even now she is still seriously scared of the outside world, to the point where when next door's kitten found it's way into the only bit of the garden that Ebony goes into, Ebony had a nervous breakdown and ran back inside clearly terrified. And this is the girl who we know for sure had kittens of her own so we know for sure she knows what a kitten is. She's scared of longhair cats, scared of tabby and white cats, scared of men (although this fear has died down a bit), scared of police uniforms, scared of dogs, when we first brought her home she was basically scared of everything except me and my mum.

• Sad 1

Crystal Wolf

Then you have learnt a lot, why not take that and work with it trying to improve her confidence slowly and gently every day bit by bit like you are both doing now.

It is probably better that you don't know, knowing might only set your heart racing and your blood pressure up and make you feel angry and all those emotions will affect how you see Ebony and care for her. I have found it is better to be totally congruent with any animal, and sadly I have had my fair share of tales of woe and sadness, I used to run my own healing sanctuary where I would take in poorly animals and those that had been abused and dumped, or whose owners could no longer properly care for them.

If it helps you to cope with her past then piece together all that you know and see if a story emerges that you can use, maybe even write it down then burn the paper or flush it down the toilet and then put her past to rest?  (((((hugs ))))

• Like 1

midnightstar

Can I be sure though that she feels safe and happy with me?

• Like 1

Crystal Wolf
19 hours ago, midnightstar said:

Can I be sure though that she feels safe and happy with me?

Only you can really sense that, is there something that is bothering you, perhaps that you are concerned about? Is she improving in her reactions, bearing in mind it will take a lot of time and continuity with some animals before they relax and some never do, but that doesnt necessrily mean you are the wrong carer for her.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

midnightstar
3 hours ago, Crystal Wolf said:

Only you can really sense that, is there something that is bothering you, perhaps that you are concerned about? Is she improving in her reactions, bearing in mind it will take a lot of time and continuity with some animals before they relax and some never do, but that doesnt necessrily mean you are the wrong carer for her.

She improved a huge amount but it seems like she leaps backwards some days, she definately trusts me and I am the only person she allows to do anything to (except for picking her up, I can pick her up but she struggles out of sheer panic)

She visibly gets scared when she sees it's dark outside and I am not sure what's caused her to go back to her the-world-outside-is-a-terrifying-place-in-the-dark behaviour.