Welcome To Soul-Development! An online community that cares and shares with thoughtfulness and kindness.
mac

request for donations?

I've just seen the heading.  Is it an appeal for funds to meet running costs?

Crystal Wolf

Hey Mac! Great to see you. Hope you are well!

We had a massive forum software up date and there are still bits of old posts around. Every year I try and raise funds for the forum by doing paid for tarot readings. This year was a great success. So good in fact that I am hoping to offer more soon.

Like a bad penny I keep turning up!  Seriously, though, I often call in t see if there's anything interesting happening.  I'm regularly active elsewhere too.....

I'm not au fait with the logistics / costs of running a website but is it not practicable to set up a 'free' one?  (Nothing is truly free, of course.)

• Like 1
Crystal Wolf
On 9/24/2020 at 12:47 PM, mac said:

Like a bad penny I keep turning up!  Seriously, though, I often call in t see if there's anything interesting happening.  I'm regularly active elsewhere too.....

I'm not au fait with the logistics / costs of running a website but is it not practicable to set up a 'free' one?  (Nothing is truly free, of course.)

Actually several years ago we were on a free forum, we upgraded and expanded to a bigger one with more chatrooms and gadgets. I suppose we are in the middle of a empass, do we change back or go forwards?

3 hours ago, Crystal Wolf said:

Actually several years ago we were on a free forum, we upgraded and expanded to a bigger one with more chatrooms and gadgets. I suppose we are in the middle of a empass, do we change back or go forwards?

I guess that decision will be influenced by financial considerations, the main one perhaps being whether the website provides value for the money spent on it.  I don't know how much the chatroom or gadgets get used or whether they provide value for money.  Could running costs be trimmed by losing either of those if they aren't being used enough?

• Sad 1